Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

okay I think I finally got it. These were caught in Lake Millwood in arkansas. This is why I love Trot Lines mix with the secret ingredient.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do. They are a lot of fun on trot lines also. I also do catch and release, but these were for a special occassion. We catch these in Arkansas for a Special Olympic fish fry every year.

D

·
0 Posts
coonass1962 said:
They are a lot of fun on trot lines also.
Yes, they sure are. As a high school and college kid in Kansas, we caught a lot of flatheads and channel cats on trotlines and limb lines. It was always a blast!

·
Registered
943 Posts
i can only dream of catching cats like that

·
Registered
943 Posts
cats like that? or trotlines?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yeah I think most of them are in the southeast...I know I saw a post around here the other day listing the lakes...but I am headed out to Harriman in a minute on a fish and depth finding mission...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are the ones ePic sent out the other day.

Here are some lakes that allow Trout Lines and Jug lines, if they havent been drained:
ADOBE CREEK RESERVOIR SWA (Blue Lake)
HORSE CREEK RESERVOIR SWA
JOHN MARTIN RESERVOIR SWA
Meredith Reservoir
Nee Gronda
Nee Noshe
Nee so Pah
Upper and Lower
Queens.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
cool. I had a hoot last night catching 1-4 lb channels. I can only imagine what a monster like that fights like. We have a few in the river over here up around 20 or 30, but I never can catch em.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those were caught in Arkansas, all in one morning. When you grab the line and feel the fight on the other in. YOu get as giddy as a kid. I never get tired of the feeling. We have done that for the 15 years now and it is a reunion of sorts since I live so far from the family. But at the end of the year I am moving to Texas and will be doing this on a regular basis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts