Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know of any good lakes to go find some catfish that they are willing to share besides brush hollow. any help would be awesome

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys I have heard Trinidad had some decent catfishing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been spending Late spring and summers in Colorado for the last three years and haven't caught a single catfish. I've shore fished(I don't own a boat) Pueblo, Sh*tfield reservoir, Gravel ponds, Brush Hollow, Aurora reservoir, Prospect Lake and a few ponds in Denver multiple times. I've used Chicken livers, worms, stink bait, hot dogs marinaded in garlic, you name it and I've cast it from times in between noon and 2AM without success.

I think you need to know a guy or get really, really lucky if you want yourself a Colorado cat. Some lakes in the south might be better fishing but I haven't been up for the drive yet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've been spending Late spring and summers in Colorado for the last three years and haven't caught a single catfish. I've shore fished(I don't own a boat) Pueblo, Sh*tfield reservoir, Gravel ponds, Brush Hollow, Aurora reservoir, Prospect Lake and a few ponds in Denver multiple times. I've used Chicken livers, worms, stink bait, hot dogs marinaded in garlic, you name it and I've cast it from times in between noon and 2AM without success.

I think you need to know a guy or get really, really lucky if you want yourself a Colorado cat. Some lakes in the south might be better fishing but I haven't been up for the drive yet.
Worms ain't terrible, but the rest of that stuff is pretty much worthless around here, IMO. Catch a few 5-6 inch bluegill and cut them in halves for bait. Shad also works, as does chunks of white sucker or even carp.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

You must change your name... unless you like being referred to as my "sauce"... �� Also. Catfish aren't that hard man, the bigger ones are. I think you're doing something wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts