Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the NW part of Pueblo and fished from shore. Went to what I hoped was a new and improved spot, but it turned out to be new and mediocre, in addition to insanely windblown. Fished to no avail from 1800-2100 doing only what I do best there: lose equipment. I decided to bail before I lost too much stuff and resort to a place I know a little better.

Went to a new hole and got there around 2130. Caught one little catfish soon thereafter, and another quite a while later. Had a few more bites on cutbait but I think the hook was a little too big. I left right around midnight.

I met KoldKut during the evening. Let me tell you, that guy can really fish! ;)

Hoping to stretch the 2 little cats into maybe 6-8 small fish tacos for me and the kids tonight.

No pics, but really nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
If it's any comfort, CA, I've tried for cats two or three times so far this year and have whiffed every time, including in a place that has been a reliable early season producer for me in years past. ???

Re. P-lo, I wish I knew it & wish it was closer to me, b/c I believe it's a genuine potential state record holder (not that I'd keep it to break it, of course). Plus there are even flats! Still hope to get down there a time or two this year to at least give it a try.

I'm sure persistence will eventually pay off (for both of us), and hey, you weren't skunked.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those of you scoring at home: the tacos turned out great. I used the following recipe for the fish. Put them in a corn tortilla with cole slaw and some sour cream with chipotle seasoning and lemon juice. Man, I sure wish I'd caught one more!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/fried-catfish-taco-with-chipotle-slaw-recipe/index.html

Koldkut said:
I would love to figure out those p-lo cats as well. It was good to meet you.
Same here! How many miles did you rack up yesterday? That was one honcho walleye!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Good you got out! That spot has some potential, sounds like! Drew is super kool too, glad you got to meet him while fishing. Not only can he fish, but he builds some sick custom rods!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Captain America said:
For those of you scoring at home: the tacos turned out great. I used the following recipe for the fish. Put them in a corn tortilla with cole slaw and some sour cream with chipotle seasoning and lemon juice. Man, I sure wish I'd caught one more!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/fried-catfish-taco-with-chipotle-slaw-recipe/index.html

Koldkut said:
I would love to figure out those p-lo cats as well. It was good to meet you.
Same here! How many miles did you rack up yesterday? That was one honcho walleye!
Between fishing lake W, Lake X, lake Y(small pond I didn't mention to you, is near lake W and Lake X), and lake Z, 330miles total for that 23 hour fishing period. Yes, 4 separate bodies of water......lots of driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts