Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the catfishing near the bridge or that landing area near the rocks any good. I want to go catfishing there with my 8-year-old son. I think this area would be very easy to get into with him.

I went fishing several times at Waneka. No luck catfishing but caught several turtles and one trout. Went multiple times and early and late. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Just turtles. Chicken Liver, stink bait, shrimp, worms and soap. No luck at all.

I want to try Chatfield again.

Johnny

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fish the ponds at chatfield. I don't hear much about catfish coming off of the lake in any numbers. Use shrimp there or try hotdogs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the dog ponds are or there other ponds. I am going Monday and would love to catch a few cats.

JohnnyMo

·
Registered
636 Posts
They are called chatfield ponds. Each pond has a separate name but I don't know them. They are on the south side of the lake on the property.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok....I know where both the dog ponds and the Chatfield ponds are. Is there even any fish in the dog ponds?

Also....was wondering if there are any big cats or anything good to be caught off of the spillway? I know when I used to live in Texas, the BIG cats would be caught at the bottom of the spillway.

C

·
0 Posts
There are actually two reports on the dog ponds that i known of brian. There both on the colorado fishing reports forum. one is on page 8 called "rainy chatfield" and the other is on page 10 called "chatfield 4/25 check this out" both were started by mustang. and according to those reports there are fish in there.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Brian-Lakewood said:
Ok....I know where both the dog ponds and the Chatfield ponds are. Is there even any fish in the dog ponds?

Also....was wondering if there are any big cats or anything good to be caught off of the spillway? I know when I used to live in Texas, the BIG cats would be caught at the bottom of the spillway. 
the one time i fished there a few weeks ago i saw a guy catch a big cat below the spillway...im not sure if i was an acception to the rule or not, but i would guess there would be cats there....

now that you mention it i might give that a try later this week..just for kicks.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
right below chatfield res, Co...it spills out below and is labeled part of the South Platte.  ive never fished too far down, but i walked down it one night and it looked like an ok stretch of water....

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
There are fish in the dog ponds. I caught both bluegill and bass in them the weekend after Memorial Day.

Dan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want to catch a few catfish. Primarily for my sons. They have never caught a catfish. It would give me so much joy to watch them pull some in.

·
Registered
680 Posts
hold on! how many ponds are there?!
I thought there was the big one, then that small one.

I tried the main lake by foxrun picnic area i think(couple weeks ago), nothin although looks like lots of carp; I didn't try it that long.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the ponds on the southside were doing verywell the weekend before last. then last saturday they were very slow.. think it was something about the day or the night. Maybe to hot. hope you do well keep us informed.. I wont be able to make it this weekend. hopefully net weekend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts