Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went catfishing this weekend tried several lakes. i dont know what i am doing wrong. i didnt get a bite. first place i went was thornton gravel ponds. didnt know they closed at dark so i got thrown out. went over to twin lakes park didnt know they closed at dark got thrown out again. went to westminster city park not a bite. went to adams county fairgrounds nothing. i used night crawlers, chicken livers, shrimp and various other baits. anybody got any suggestions? i am really frustrated. also, what is up with places closing at dark? i can see if i am creating a nuisance but just fishing? dont the police have better things to do than hassle honest law abiding citizens? sorry i just had to vent. anybody got any ideas where else i should try? thanx

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I too had no luck catfishing this weekend, give it another month or so before the bite starts to pick up. Or atleast thats what im telling myself :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that the warm weather would get them going. then you hear about people ice fishing for them. just gets really frustrating.

·
Registered
117 Posts
well i feel a little better knowing i wasnt the only one getting skunked ??? hopefully we all can get little revenge on these cats. :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
That kinda sucks they threw you out. If you keep going eventually you should find a pattern and catch some fish. I was thinking of maybe fishing highline sometime this week during the night for cats but these reports are changing my mind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fished Chatfield ponds Sat night from 10:00 to 2:00 & got nuthin. My buddy lost a nice one half way in. Going up to Glendo this weekend so hopefully we will hook up then.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
hi i live in thornton and lately i;ve been going to brighton city park pond and catching huge catfish on chicken livers i;ve also caught catfish at lon hagler

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Catfish can be hard to catch consistantly around here i have found out..and ive fished al ot of different places. perhaps in a few weeks ill try it again, ive had the best luck after July it seems. im not sure why, since they feed year around...so far this year ive tried Barr, Lon Haglar, and Union with no luck...

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you want cats, go to Bonny!...The channels are biting pretty good right now! If you don't want to go that far, try Stearns Lake over there on hwy 287, they've got some nice cats there!!...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I keep hearing that advice a lot lately it seems..."Go to bonny!" ive been meaning to head up there sometime soon...sounds like a decent fishery.

sometime in the near future we should try to coordinate a time where some of us "catfisher" types can spend a night out there....none of my friends can get away or like catfishing that much. whats wrong with them?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im ready whenever you are. would love to get together with a few crazies like me ;D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Rottal said:
sometime in the near future we should try to coordinate a time where some of us "catfisher" types can spend a night out there....none of my friends can get away or like catfishing that much.   whats wrong with them?
Your friends just need to try a few more times and then they'll like it. I'm not a huge fan of nightfishing for cats, but it's something I love to do. Lanterns, smelly bait, chips & beer. Sounds fun. Good idea!

·
Registered
117 Posts
jUST GIVE ME THE TIME AND DATE AND IM THERE. LOVE TO GET SOME CATS :D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
maybe sometime at the end of this month? im game...well have to work out all the details and see what time is good for everyone. i was planning on perhaps heading up there on a friday and fishing that night pretty hard, then catching a nap the next morning and heading back...hopefully with some catfish slime on my hands

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im there just let me know when and where.

·
Registered
113 Posts
catfishking said:
hi i live in thornton and lately i;ve been going to brighton city park pond and catching huge catfish on chicken livers i;ve also caught catfish at lon hagler
Where is Brighton City Park pond?? I live in Brighton, that sounds like a good place to visit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want to catch some nice catfish goto Waneka res in Layfeyette take some shrimp or cutbait and hold on, the cats spawn this month.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts