Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nights are about the only time I can spend with my wife and she likes to fish for some cats. Where can they be caught near CS?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Haymes pond on Ft. Carson has a ton of catfish in it, preferred bait of choice is chicken liver there. Have to buy a Ft. Carson fishing license which is 20$ but its worth it, the ponds arent super busy and its close to home.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ePiC said:
Haymes pond on Ft. Carson has a ton of catfish in it, preferred bait of choice is chicken liver there.  Have to buy a Ft. Carson fishing license which is 20$ but its worth it, the ponds arent super busy and its close to home.
Where at on Carson do you get the license if you know? That would be great since I live less than 5 minutes from gate 3.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Forgot to add.... both quail lake and pikeview have catfish in them. (relocated from prospect pond) THe DOW guys tell me there are some very large ones in both ponds, I have yet to catch one out of either but some locals that fish them tell me they catch some nice ones out of there, one guy even tells me he catches them on wooly buggers on his fly rod at pikeview.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
khabibulin said:
could I get some directions to quail and pikeview lake? Is the fishing good there? And if so when?
Here is a mapquest link.  Fish the early morning or late evenings into the night.  If there is cats in there then I know it has pike bass trout and carp maybe walleye from what I here but yet to see someone take one.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
khabibulin said:
Do the cats bite there in the mornings? And I am 14 do I need a onpost licsnece?
Yes, cats bite early morning couple hours before dawn to just after the sun is up are the best times; at night go from dusk to a couple hours after the sun goes all the way down. Usually the best times for me.
No you dont need a license if you are under 16 but I think you need to be fishing with someone who does have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts