Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Definitely not too late for catfish. You might want to do some thinking about where to fish, what bait, what rigging, etc. but they are out there and they are still eating.

F

·
0 Posts
catmann29 talks about cats thru the ice .....they slow down but dont quit eatting

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some other states with the bigger river systems, have the best catfishing in the winter.

C

·
0 Posts
What I don't like about fishing for cats through ice? Drilling all those holes to locate them. But man, once you do, you'll never want to leave! All of my biggest cats have come in fall and winter as well. During spring they are kinda small until spawn.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went to big thompson ponds last night.. was in the first pond, nothing.... a few weeks ago, i went to res. #4, nothing. I used to do really well in #4, i think its been over fished to be honest. does anyone know the landscape of the 1st pond at big thompson? it doesnt seem like it gets very deep as you can see trees popping out of the middle. are there any deep spots? any good spots to set up? I havent caught a big catfish since last spring.. im feeling left out!!! (btw - i tried cut bait & liver at BTP)

C

·
0 Posts
Pond 1 has a deep spot almost in the middle. You can see the trees poking out of the water. That's where I catch my cats.

C

·
0 Posts
Do I sense some sarcasm in your voice? Are you saying my scale isn't right? LOL Either way, make a trip to Wal-Mart and there are some digital scales with measuring tapes made by Berkley.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts