Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a creek today that has some cats in it. It is about 9 feet wide and about 3 feet deep. There were a lot of snags in it so I decided to fish some small sunfish under a float. I walked down the creek and fish along the snags, pitching my bait at the head of the snags and letting the float carry it close along side the snag. I used a long rod so I only had to make drift adjustments with the rod to keep it floating correct. After about an hour I had my first fish: a very fat 2lb cat. I continued working the creek for several more hours and caught three more. I caught four total, all 2lb quadruplets. I spent 7 hours fishing, but learned a ot about this spot. It is hard to descrice where this area is. If you take the paved road that runs east and west between the Johnson Truck stop off I-25 until it curves you will see a pull off by the creek. Start there and work east. You should find some cats!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im gonna have to try that cats in a colorado creek ...sweet !!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope my directions aren't confusing. I can't remember road numbers too well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
thats not far from ft. collins right. i went into work today and they told me that we were closed and that they were moving operations back to washington. so i got some time i am waiting to hear back about another position but man what a **** company no notice at all.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every job that I ever worked at did this to me in this fashion or a similar one. "We don't have a position for you right now." Yeah, but the do their own son! LOL Lif is great the way it rolls stuff at us. Yeah, Ft. Collins is close to where I fished. If you need better directions let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts