Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it was a carp!! Still, I love these fish 'cause they pull real hard. Had me going for awhile cause I had it on for 5 minutes before I saw it and thought it might be a wiper. Estimate the weight at 15 lbs.

Caught some spots too-they were nice size 14"+. Everything came on a 78 pointer DD in the west end. Water temp was 48 on the lower end, 56 up past mid-island. Water is very clear down by the dam and North marina then gets stained to downright muddy up around Turkey Creek.

·
Registered
297 Posts
How far past midlake can you get? Is Turkey Creek fishable now up to the trestle, or is it still dry? If there's water, it should be a flipper's paradise this spring!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned the boat around just before I got to Turkey Cr. but lake is only 25 ft low. That would make for 20 FOW in the cove. The water was sooooo muddy and there was alot of stuff floating so I headed back to clearer water.

All my fish came on main lake points-even the carp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i was there today too. sure was nice to see more water than last year. this was the first time in three years that i could get far enough to see the trestle. ;D

·
Registered
937 Posts
I took my cruiser up past turkey creek last sat and could have went some more theres a shallow spot and then drops to around 12 feet.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I fished Pueblo today too. Big skunk!!!!! I saw some big bass but couldn't get any to hit anything I had. Fished mainly in the North Marina cove and down toward Turkey Creek. All the fish I saw were in the really deep water drops except for the big bass that were right next to my boat when I launched.
I was going to go further west but the wind started to blow pretty good so I decided to call it a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts