Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 3 day weekend isn't off to the greatest start thus far.

Last night went to a local lake for some eyes - threw my normal baits, and just couldn't get a bite. The pattern must have changed since I believe most eyes are post spawn now... I'll have to keep trying things to figure it out again ???

Today I hit a couple ponds in search of some LMBs - water was extremely low, and seems to be that way all over town. All the normal spots this time of year were too shallow to hit any bass. Caught a ton of moss, and a lot of nothing. Tried some weedless jigs, jerks, cranks etc... nothing was clickin ???

Did see multiple ducks with new babies, and a couple geese as well with some yellow fuzzy babies, that's always fun to see.

Decided to hit the lake I cleaned up last month and break out the fly rod for some experimentation, first time I've actually used a fly rod in the field. Threw a few wooley buggars at some carp who were uninterested.

Unfortunately, the trash was growing again - and noticed a lot of "wanton waste" multiple carp up on the shore, and even saw a fresh sucker that had been thrown on the shore with a birds nest of line - some people suck! If you don't like carp or sucker, fine, but don't just throw them on the shore to rot! Ridiculous

It was nice to get out though, weather was really warm!

I'll take another stab tomorrow - hopefully my persistence pays off, breaking out the float tube, should be interesting :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
"YOU TOO" I whent to cherry Creek today and fished with a friend on his boat and out of the two of us we caught one sunfish while trolling for walleyes. After that I immediately whent to Bear lake and neither my friend nor I boated one fish.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JWurgaft said:
Better luck next time. I suffered a very painful skunk the other night as well...Expectation is the mother of disappointment.
Yeah - it can be very humbling

Got soaked in the float tube, I'm sure I looked like a moron out there :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Tough, but fishing is always better than NOT fishing.

Seems the bite was slow everywhere this weekend. :p

I think the good part of the moon phase is creeping up, so hopefully the bite picks up too!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J.R.R. Trollin'Ken said:
Tough, but fishing is always better than NOT fishing.

Seems the bite was slow everywhere this weekend. :p

I think the good part of the moon phase is creeping up, so hopefully the bite picks up too!
That makes me feel slightly better - Lol. And yes, being out on the water beats any day NOT by the water :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts