Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my daughter fishing this weekend to a couple of ponds near our house.....Started the morning with a popper and a purple worm. about 45min into our expidition I had a fish roll my popper.. Then I followed up with the worm and BAM!!!! a nice fat bass about 3.5 pounds......We saw many big fish but they wouldn't hit. Went to the next pond and saw some lunkers lurking in the shallows....This guy who was fly fishing on the other side of these trees comes busting thru saying theres some fish headed my way.... So I take the worm and throw it out in front of one just past being able to see the worm..and all of a sudden my line started dancin...So I set the hook and this huge fish came jumpin out of water...It was a hog of a bass.....took me 10 min to pull hime in...(was using 6 # test so I didnt want to loose him) He was 21.5 inches long and 13.5 inches in circumfrence....According to some fish caculators its was between 4.9 and 5.5#s ...longest and biggest bass I'd ever caught...and it faught like a champ.....then I followed it up 5 mins later with a fat 4 pound fish.....But I left my camera at home...But that flyfisherman did have a measuring tape on him...Thanks for your help!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Good job bro!!! I like your technique. Ive heard alot of people throw top waters and if a fish rolls on it or short strikes it they follow up with a plastic. Ive heard Senko type baits work best for a 1-2 punch but I guess the way you did it also worked.

Good job

-Jay

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As much as I would luv to report where I caught the fish..Ive been sworn to secrecy...I would eb killed if I told you where it was at..but I can tell you if you find me and my daughter fishing...I'm more than happy to tell you if the fish are bitting and what they are bitting on!!!!

Sowy!!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Dam* man that sounds like some great fishin'. Congrats a bass around 5# is a HAWG. I haven't got anything like that this year.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Razorsedge --- No worries (about location).  :) I understand those oaths. Great to hear someone fishing w/ their daughter. Mine (Isabella) was born Sunday. I can't wait till she's old enough to take fishing!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Razor anytime you want to take me bass fsihing let me know. ;) COngrats on the big guy.

James congrats on the baby. Did razor's fish out weigh your girl??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James...Little girls is whatt make the world go around. Cherrish the times you get with them....My son will be 2 in a couple of months and he already is running around the house with a fishing pole!!!!!!

Congrats

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
razorsedge31 said:
James...Little girls is whatt make the world go around. Cherrish the times you get with them....My son will be 2 in a couple of months and he already is running around the house with a fishing pole!!!!!!

Congrats
My friend spends alot of time at my house (single dad) and his son is 2. We just took him fishing and when we told him we were going fishing he got all excited when I showed him his fishing pole. (old ice fishing rod I had) He had to try it out. Here he is casting into our fountain.

Micro dudes are a ton of fun!! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts