Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I got out on Cherry Creek today about 10ish, later than I wanted to but driving all day before wore me out. We were trying deep plugs for most of the day, tried jigging very slowly off bottom in a few spots where it looked like setthehook was on saturday but no walleye. After that we were trolling for trout and no luck there either. Its a good thing I wasnt armed or 90% of the sailboats/speedboats/jet skis would have been sunk :mad:. It seemed like no matter where we were these idiots would see how close they could get to us in their 400hp speedboats and what not. I seriously debated hucking soda cans at them, I could have hit a few too. Not saying that everyone shouldnt be able to have fun on the lake, but stay away from the little fishing boats that almost get capsized by the wake. Anyway, they all cleared off around 7 so we went close to the dam and ended up catching one 17" walleye (which was let go) right before it got dark. I would have stayed longer but I dont have lights on my boat. All in all not a bad day, other than the idiots out there. Got a sunburn and my first walleye of the year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was out there too, but I left as soon as I saw the first pair of "water maggots". I like the sida can idea, but I woukld prefer using a waterballon launcher. Its like a giant slingshot.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOl thats a good idea!  There had to be at least 25 sailboats out there today, all making a line from the marina to the other side of the lake.  Makes it kinda hard to maneuver when trolling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts