Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Chris Roe:

Colorado SAG
In VERY short: In June, the CDOW took over SAG and sportsmen no longer have equal standing with the CDOW, and have no sportsmen's Co-Chairman in the group. SAG as we knew it no longer exists.

Sen...ior leadership at the CDOW was unhappy with me working to bring MORE voices to the table, bringing BALANCE to the topics being discussed, and working to build and RE-BUILD relationships and cooperative partnerships and efforts regarding important sportsmen's issues. At times, I was "at odds" with the CDOW leadership on a couple things, and I stood my ground when injustice or the purposeful manipulation of information was being had. In retaliation, the Director and Ron Velarde took over SAG and removed the sportsmen's Co-Chair position; they couldn't "fire" me, because I was duly ELECTED by sportsmen, so they just took over the group and got rid of the position.

There's more to it, but I'll post that over on the new page. I hope everyone jumps over, and helps make the Independent Sportsmen of Colorado a powerful voice for sportsmen in this State.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The DOW doesn't want to hear from sportsmen, that is the bottom line. They want to have a complete dictatorship over our resources. Only enviros and sycophants have any voice.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those of you who have facebook, Chris is forming a new group of Independent sportsmen to give us a state wide voice against the CDOW, and it is NOT affiliated with the CDOW. Don and I are already there, please join us if you want to try and make a difference.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
IceInTheVeins. said:
Thanks for the link Don!
You're welcome. I couldn't find the new page just by doing a Facebook search. It didn't show up in the results. This may help those who are interested.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really important in this that everyone stay patient and that we not divide ourselves by in fighting. If we grow our numbers enough, we could prevent the further damage of Blue Mesa in future years and perhaps save the trophy fishery from a complete distruction. Then maybe in 15 - 20 years or so it will be close to what it once was. But it is going to take LOTS of writing to those who are above the CDOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts