Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, last night I tried this for the first time and it was some of the best fish I have ever made! The kids got me some of those grilling planks and this seasoning you can buy at Williams Sonoma called "Potlatch seasoning" for Father's Day.

You soak the planks over night, I put the fish on them (some nice trout from Spinney and 11-mile!), then sprinkle on some of that Potlatch stuff and that's it!! The directions say to keep the skin on but I already had them filleted and de-boned. So I just cut foil out around the fillets.

If you don't want to spend for the planks, I would still consider buying some of those spices... They are the BEST I've ever tried!

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Oohh.. That sounds good. I'm a sucker for good eatin'.

M

·
0 Posts
You kept a fish from Spinney? How dare you? ;D
I really should fish that lake more -- I just have a hard time driving past 11M

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
for any of you that have fished the atlantic i have heard that this plank method works really well on those strong flavored blue fish only when you are done cooking you pitch the fish and eat the plank it tastes better...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know,,,, I know...... I kept a fish from Spinney...... It was my first time out this year and I just nailed them... Kept one, released 30!!! It sure was a FINE fish though!

Tim

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tried the cedar, also for the forst time last weekend. Have'nt had much luck lately so bought a 3-1/2 # salmon filet from Safeway. I soaked the filet in Orange juice for about an hour, made a rub out of brown sugar, salt, and a touch of garlic powder. I just got done building a cedar fence and cut 2 pieces about 20" long, and soaked them in water. Put the filet on the cedar, applied the rub and put it on the grill med. heat for about 25 minutes. The fish was great.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
roadkill said:
for any of you that have fished the atlantic i have heard that this plank method works really well on those strong flavored blue fish only when you are done cooking you pitch the fish and eat the plank it tastes better...
Bluefish? Strong flavored? Whoa!!!!
Bluefish have the sweetest most mild flavored meat you have ever tasted. Sort of like a salt water crappie with teeth. Any time you want to turn down a chance for some bluefish.... give 'em to me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts