Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In March my mother was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. A scary situation where we couldn't do much but hope for the best with the chemo treatments. She was relegated to staying indoors and avoiding people, since she had a port placed in her chest (to administer the chemo treatments every 2 weeks). She had to stay away from people as her immune system would be lacking the ability to fight off ailments (cold, flu, etc.) that could really cause some problems. After 5 chemo treatments she was declared cancer free!

I decided to get her, my dad and wife a guided walleye fishing trip. I just have a small jon boat and can't get everyone in, nor would my parents want to get in that little of a boat and feel safe. My parents love to eat walleye, but fairly hard for bait dunkers to catch eyes from the shore.

We had a great day on the water with Tightline Outdoors. Everyone caught fish, so that was a bonus. Had to throw a few shorts back, but it was a great time and we took home 5 keeper eyes and a crappie. My wife caught her first eyes and my parents had a great day, especially since there was finally no rain yesterday. I was able to learn and refine some of my technical presentations with Nate, which really helped me - so hopefully I can up my eye game. Glad my family and I get to spend some more time with my mom, as she is 77 and a pretty tough lady - growing up on a farm in ND and raising 6 boys!

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Congrats to your mother Roman!!! Kudos to you to get the folks out and have a great day!!! Congrats to the wife also for her first!!! You are a great son dude...THX for sharing!!! :hail::hail::hail:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice report and way to get her out there. Congratulations to your Mother thats some scary stuff.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Damn, Roman. Great post man. Congratulations to your mom and your family for getting through that situation! Scary stuff.

Mom looks great at 77 and I hope she has many more years left in her, bro!

Looked like a great day with the fam, and I'm happy to hear you were able to do it!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool man! So nice to see the smiles on the family's faces. Your post reminds me I need to take my mom fishing... thanks man.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very cool man.

Congrats to Mama Baby Huey!!!!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Glad to hear your mom is doing well! We just lost a good friend, Cancer is a B****! Sounds like a great day for the entire family

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Damn, Roman. Great post man. Congratulations to your mom and your family for getting through that situation! Scary stuff.

Mom looks great at 77 and I hope she has many more years left in her, bro!

Looked like a great day with the fam, and I'm happy to hear you were able to do it!
Pretty much this
Good stuff

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Congrats to the mom and fam! These recent nice days have been amazing to be out in.

Roman refining his walleye skills... LOOK OUT!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Kudo's

Don't know you but what you did was awesome. I lost my dad to Lymphoma a few years ago and it was pretty difficult. Keep on enjoying all the time you can with parents!.

Brett

1 - 20 of 27 Posts