Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
What this dipstick does not understand is that the people he is referring to are killers first and anything else they might be second.

It is wholly without logic or substance to say that their religion made them do these things.

This guy is the mass media equivalent of a troll.

SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,159 Posts
sswan said:
Taken from wikipedia:

National Review (NR) is a biweekly magazine founded by the late author William F. Buckley, Jr. in 1955 and based in New York City. It describes itself as "America's most widely read and influential magazine and web site for CONSERVATIVE news, commentary, and opinion."

I found similar news stories about it on here.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t755623/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
sswan said:
You don't think they're conditioned from childhood to be killers?
Absolutely they are! I lament the horrific circumstances of their lives, but there are persons who have endured far worse and not adopted a killer mentality.

I suggest we look at these people as a percentage of subsets of humanity. Lets say there are one million "killer muslims"... (a grossly exaggerated figure to be sure!) There are around 7 billion persons on the planet at this time. One fifth of those persons are muslim. 1 is to 1 million as 1 million is to 1 billion. So, in this particular scenario, one two-millionth plus or minus of the muslims of the Earth are "killer muslims". (I for one am certain that the true number of "killer muslims" is MUCH, MUCH lower than one million...) I am sure I butchered those figures, but the important thing is that there are very, very few evil killer muslims.

Factor in the deplorable conditions that they are forced to inhabit... (which are in and of themselves a factor in the radicalization of extremists; not the only factor, but a big one) conditions that keep them living in grinding poverty unable to afford basic items of daily life we in the west take for granted, and about the best artillery they can score is a fifty year old Kalashnikov or an RPG or two... and frankly, i pity them more than fear them.

It does not excuse their violence in any way. But there are no simple solutions to complex problems, and religion is only a part of the equation.

I support the right of any person to worship any god they choose.

SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, it's a small percentage of a larger group who are ululating, handing out candy, and celebrating the slitting of the throats of children, including an infant. And they're concentrated in a particular geographic area.

There is no defense or rationalization for cutting the throats of children. Nothing. Children are innocent. It's the definition of evil. Hideous and indefensible.

Who does this kind of hideous thing? Go back to the original post to find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,159 Posts
sswan said:
Yep, it's a small percentage of a larger group who are ululating, handing out candy, and celebrating the slitting of the throats of children, including an infant. And they're concentrated in a particular geographic area.

There is no defense or rationalization for cutting the throats of children. Nothing. Children are innocent. It's the definition of evil. Hideous and indefensible.

Who does this kind of hideous thing? Go back to the original post to find out.
So Sswan... Christians have never done anything atrocious, brutal or immoral in the name of their faith?





http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/cru1.htm




Christians have NEVER done anything to hurt children?



http://www.mltranslations.org/us/Rpo/kkk/kkk1.htm

And I can keep going on and on with more links, and images if you would like.

and some math for you...

There has been approximately 894,000 Murders in the United States since 1960.
On Average that is 17,880 per year. (1) See Bottom of post for links

Now from what i can gather(2), about 63% of murder cases get Solved 37% never do.

So of the 17,880 Murders In the USA 11,264 Get solved.

So out of the 894,000 Murders In the United States Since 1960, approximately,

563,200 of them where solved.

563,200 murders since 1960.

Now according to some polls and data collected (3)


The majority of Americans identify themselves as Christians (76%),
while non-Christian religions (including Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and others)
collectively make up about 4% of the adult population.
Another 15% of the adult population identified as having no religious affiliation.

So lets have some fun with math.

563,200 x .76(76% Christians) = 428,032 Murders that could have been committed by a Christian.

563,200 x .24(24% Other/Non) = 135,168 Murders that could not be committed by Christians.

Ok! So now we have this new number from above 428,032 (Potential murders by a Christian)


Now we all know that every murder is not committed by a Christian.
So i looked for some statistics about Prison Inmates in the US who identify themselves as
Christian.

In one study i found, done in Texas, 48% of prisoners identified themselves as Christian.

Now, not all Christians in prison, are there for Murder, i am looking to establish a low
estimate of the % of inmates who identified themselfs as Christian. That is all this part is for,
to get a number % to work with. Some States(Florida) have as high as 60%, other states 40%.
But for the sake of being "fair", since this is not necessarily a scientific study, i want to
estimate this number "Really" Low. So I will take the lowest estimate of 40%, and cut it in 1/2.

Hows that for being fair?


20% Of prison inmates identified themselves as Christian in the United States.


Now from Up top we learned that 63% of murder cases get solved, and we came up with the number
11,264. Again, i am being extremly fair, by excluding 37% of the Murder cases that where never
solved. Now of those 11,264 we can figure out the % who are Christian.


11,264 x .20(Our Inmate Christian %) = 2,253 Christians who Commit murder in the USA every year.


Now according to the link (4) below, which lists every muslim attack in the US
Since 1972, there has been approximately 3,300 Murders.Now the list only goes
back to 1972, so to be fair i will add 12 years of the average. So 4,444


87 Murders per Year, committed by Muslims(who are committing it as an act of terror)

According to estimates there is 7 million Muslims in the US
and the Total Population of the United states is around 303 Million


Math again..

We will take the total Population and subtract the Muslim Population.

we Get 296,000,000m

So 296m/2,253 = 131,380

You have a 1 in 131,380 chance of being killed by a Christian every year.


We do the same with Muslim terrorist Deaths..


So 296m/87 = 3,402,298


You have a 1 in 3,402,298 Chance of being killed by a Muslim terrorist every year.


So in reality, you are "26" Times more likely to be killed by a Christian, then a Muslim terrorist.
in the United States every year.

Golly, maybe people should fear Christians more than muslims, ya think? And maybe you should do some research before you commit to typing out something completely ignorant to completely label a religion as mindless killers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
And maybe you should do some research before you commit to typing out something completely ignorant to completely label a religion as mindless killers.
Ignore sswan. He's just doing his usual troll. I rarely read anything he posts any more.

I was once upon a time in favor of banning religious and political topics, but some of them are handy to allow one to weed out the folks they wouldn't want to invite to spend a day on the water.

I don't mind most people with differing opinions. They can be interesting. But some of the opinions are just vile. Those I can do without.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ignore sswan. He's just doing his usual troll. I rarely read anything he posts any more.

I was once upon a time in favor of banning religious and political topics, but some of them are handy to allow one to weed out the folks they wouldn't want to invite to spend a day on the water.

I don't mind most people with differing opinions. They can be interesting. But some of the opinions are just vile. Those I can do without.
You. You would indeed respond to a trolling poseur should it serve your purpose. The same guy who vowed to never post in a thread that DJ or I posted in. Please change "rarely" to "never", live up to it, and do us all a favor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
sswan said:
Yep, it's a small percentage of a larger group who are ululating, handing out candy, and celebrating the slitting of the throats of children, including an infant. And they're concentrated in a particular geographic area.

There is no defense or rationalization for cutting the throats of children. Nothing. Children are innocent. It's the definition of evil. Hideous and indefensible.

Who does this kind of hideous thing? Go back to the original post to find out.
I am sorry I gave the impression that I was defending the actions of those individuals. I think I am a rational, sane, and responsible person, and defending the actions of persons engaged in that sort of behavior would undermine my claims to those attributes. Forgive me for coming across as apologetic for their actions, which are quite beyond forgiveness.

Had I the power to snap my fingers and be assured that they who perpetrate such heinous acts would drop dead in their tracks, it would be difficult for me to refrain from doing so.

I was attempting to speak to broader issues. Our ability to analyze risk, religious tolerance, critical thinking, and a rejection of ad hominem arguments are all implicated in my points, but defense of violence is not.

For the record I have no use for religion of any kind.

SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,159 Posts
sswan said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ignore sswan. He's just doing his usual troll. I rarely read anything he posts any more.

I was once upon a time in favor of banning religious and political topics, but some of them are handy to allow one to weed out the folks they wouldn't want to invite to spend a day on the water.

I don't mind most people with differing opinions. They can be interesting. But some of the opinions are just vile. Those I can do without.
You. You would indeed respond to a trolling poseur should it serve your purpose. The same guy who vowed to never post in a thread that DJ or I posted in. Please change "rarely" to "never", live up to it, and do us all a favor.
perhaps you should do the forum a favor by not posting any of your right-wing racist, xenophobic and homophobic trash in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
sswan said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ignore sswan. He's just doing his usual troll. I rarely read anything he posts any more.

I was once upon a time in favor of banning religious and political topics, but some of them are handy to allow one to weed out the folks they wouldn't want to invite to spend a day on the water.

I don't mind most people with differing opinions. They can be interesting. But some of the opinions are just vile. Those I can do without.
You. You would indeed respond to a trolling poseur should it serve your purpose. The same guy who vowed to never post in a thread that DJ or I posted in. Please change "rarely" to "never", live up to it, and do us all a favor.
perhaps you should do the forum a favor by not posting any of your right-wing racist, xenophobic and homophobic trash in it.
I thought you left for good? Welcome back Goon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,159 Posts
Chris said:
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
sswan said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Ignore sswan. He's just doing his usual troll. I rarely read anything he posts any more.

I was once upon a time in favor of banning religious and political topics, but some of them are handy to allow one to weed out the folks they wouldn't want to invite to spend a day on the water.

I don't mind most people with differing opinions. They can be interesting. But some of the opinions are just vile. Those I can do without.
You. You would indeed respond to a trolling poseur should it serve your purpose. The same guy who vowed to never post in a thread that DJ or I posted in. Please change "rarely" to "never", live up to it, and do us all a favor.
perhaps you should do the forum a favor by not posting any of your right-wing racist, xenophobic and homophobic trash in it.
I thought you left for good? Welcome back Goon!
who is this "goon" you speak of? I am the great scholar of atheism!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top