Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some buddies were out at Chatfield yesterday morning and getting the usual skunk outfit on, when the wind kicked up and sent them packing.  Thats when I caught up with them, but we were by no means ready to be done fishing.  So we decided to go to the little lake Centennial.  Sat in our usual spot at the southwest end, and continued our streak of nothingness.  The wind was still howling terribly.  So we decided to go and hide from the wind on the north shoreline.  We were safe from the wind, and BOOM!  3 hours and 20 fat stocker trout later we had filled our fix.  Fished from 4 to about 7:30 w/ a break for 30 minutes because of the hail.

We started getting quarter sized hail in the back of the head and decided to find some cover.  But the bite really came and came fast.  I was using 6 lb mono w/ size 10 hooks, standard trout rig.  They were killing salmon eggs and worms, but would not touch our power bait.  Strange thing though, they would only hit our line when the weights were positioned about a foot and a half up from the hook.  My buddy had  his a lot lower then that and they would not touch his pole.  Moved his weights up and boom he had a strike.  All released, but it turned out to be a decent afternoon after all.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slow going to start, but deffinately a great day. It's nice to know that after how many skunks trying for walleye at chatfield, we can still go and kick the crud out of trout fishing. The end deffianately made up for it. Even the Hail was bearable. Just trying to keep the bite on.

Tight lines to all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts