Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put the feelers out to see if there would be much interest in a CF fishing trip sometime this summer. Not limited to flailers, just to open minded fisherfolk who could get along. I was thinking dispersed camping somewhere with a diversity of options in the local area. We could establish a camping area and people can get together with the like minded people in the evening at camp and make a game plan for the next day. I was thinking North Park CO. Access to Delany Buttes, lake john, North platte, Colorado river, alpine lakes, beaver ponds and a ton of creeks. But we can put it to a vote.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CF Rendezvous

I wanted to put the feelers out to see if there would be much interest in a CF fishing trip sometime this summer. Not limited to any particular fishing method, just to open minded fisherfolk who could get along (well maybe not powerbait and worms). I was thinking dispersed camping somewhere with a diversity of options in the local area. We could establish a camping area and people can get together with the like minded people in the evening at camp and make a game plan for the next day. I was thinking North Park CO. Access to Delany Buttes, lake john, North platte, Colorado river, alpine lakes, beaver ponds and a ton of creeks. But we can put it to a vote.

Who's in?:grouphug::caked::pound::croc::fencing::boink::fish::eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have just posted this in events first. Which I just did and was going to delete this thread.

But anyway location is up for suggestion. They will all have pros and cons. Some people will not want to drive that far etc. Just looking for a place where there is something for most everybody. Another option might be for a few CF'ers to set one up in their preferred area.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metro area I'd be down.
Know of any good campsites on east colfax? I would like my tent and belongings to be safe while still being within walking distance of someone dealing bath salts, meth and STD's.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I would be down for one up in the Hills prefer rivers. NP or Colorado would be fun and a lot of camping available.

·
Registered
71 Posts
who double posts? f'n noob! I already posted in the other one that i'm definitely interested and can bring some 4wheelers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
who double posts? f'n noob! I already posted in the other one that i'm definitely interested and can bring some 4wheelers
I did you F'n new guy..... Thought better of it and decided that it should really be in events since it is open to everyone. But someone posted down here before I could delete the F'n thread. So, go eat a bag of F'n Dicks.:hug:

I am sure that your ATV's would be welcome.

Luckily we have Pikester to pick up my slack!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Especially in the summer with the mosquitoes.
What mosquitoes? I spent 4 summers in North Park.. There are hardly any mosquitoes at all. Except in certain locations during certain times of year. Then there are a few. I grew up in a swamp in NH. I have never experienced mosquitoes in CO that even compare to what I grew up with........

So on this trip no whining about, mosquitoes, weather, rain, mud, cold or shitty food.

Violation of this rule will resort in you spending the night away from camp tied to a tree covered in bacon drippings and honey... While everyone drinks the beer you brought back at camp. ::)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Can a mod merge these? thanks Tony!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I have fished north park a lot and one of the stream leases by the Delaneys...it was august...they had been flooding the hay fields stream side...climbing the steps that got you over the ranchers fence we were met by a mosquito front (cloud) that was suitable for an Off/Cutters commercial...we quickly donned bug dope (i usually dont use it) it was one of the brands nearing a 100% deet...they did not care...they viewed it as basting for tasty humans!...never ever seen any place that bad...been in the interior of alaska in the summer...grew up in minnesota where the state bird is a mosquito and they are so big they have ticks on them...would it keep me from going back to North Delanny...nope I know what swims in there...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for merging these Tony.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have fished north park a lot and one of the stream leases by the Delaneys...it was august...they had been flooding the hay fields stream side...climbing the steps that got you over the ranchers fence we were met by a mosquito front (cloud) that was suitable for an Off/Cutters commercial...we quickly donned bug dope (i usually dont use it) it was one of the brands nearing a 100% deet...they did not care...they viewed it as basting for tasty humans!...never ever seen any place that bad...been in the interior of alaska in the summer...grew up in minnesota where the state bird is a mosquito and they are so big they have ticks on them...would it keep me from going back to North Delanny...nope I know what swims in there...

Actually there are no large fish in Delaney or anywhere else in NP... People who don't like mosquitos should stay far away from that part of the state... All the big fish and the lowest number of biting insects are along the I 70 corridor...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts