Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering recent developments, it appears that the Forum is at a crossroads. Zman and the other mods did a fine job policing the site, but things have changed.

Prominent menbers (based on numer of posts and content) want to have absolute power to post whatever they want, but now back pedal faster than lightning when called out. Recent posts collaborate what I',m about to say...

Some members just don't belong on this site, yet no one has the guts to call them out. The antagonistic, rude and self centered blither they spew goes without sanction. If Zman couldn't fix it, and the other mods can't fix it, then, and Zman asks, the membership needs to fix it.

FF Woody Cooker, you don't belong on any public forum, you are a cancer that needs to be cut out. Why you have not been banned for life amazes me. Kids read this forum, and as a Dad, I can't let them, you are WAY over the top. You are going to be a father soon? You should be ashamed of yourself, with the name calling and jousting and pushing your weight around, Really moronic. Find some peace in your life and leave the rest of us out of it.

Newbs that jump in and bash, take a hike, and find a political forum...

If I was Donald, I'd shut this place down right now. Shameful...

If this is a fishing site, then "Off Topic" needs to go away, and if I need to name more names, then I will, I'm not bashful. Clean this place up, folks or lose it

The Mayor

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
MWTW, I'll delete the thread I started that you referenced. It started it with a quote from gfyodf in the windshield scrapin' thread.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Same, isn't it? I sent BHR a PM saying I was posting a thread on a similar theme to what he was thinking about. Leave them both up?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
sswan said:
Same, isn't it? I sent BHR a PM saying I was posting a thread on a similar theme to what he was thinking about. Leave them both up?
Sure. Leave them both up. Maybe more people will get the message with two threads. There's a slightly different message in the two.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Besides, I want to see the comments of people when they realize you and I agreed on something. :D And with neither one of us threatening to vomit at the realization. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
I suppose il lbe the first Mod to chime in here.

Dean - you're a great guy - however its posts like this, calling people out, that get the cancer growing.  Nothing personal, just making a point.

AGREED - Off Topic needs to go, i've said it a lot.  The VAST MAJORITY of the crap on this site starts here,, and those who either instigate it or throw gas on the fire just for kicks, only post here and nowhere else.  This topic is a breeding ground for junk, and a playground for those who love drama.

As a simple public forum where anyone can just sign up and post, its a full time job if you wanted to dissect every last thing and cull out those members who attempt to ruin this site, the credibility of others, or just like to make a mess for fun.
  We Mods also have jobs, families, etc and connot, as a whole, jump on everything right away.  Not making excuses, its just the facts.  We grab what we can before it goes out of control, but things sometimes dont get noticed till blood is already spilled.

We all know who the perps are, they make themselves proudly and purposefully known, id say about a dozen or so, and i agree, they should be banned.  Heck a few of them even have a few accts just in case one gets shut down.  Some have come back under a new name, yet dont act any different so its plain to see its still them.  Hopefully something gets done to remove them quick.  The entire site doesnt need to suffer becuase of a few immature people hiding behind the cloak of internet annonymity.  Like the saying goes " I'm a pathetic weakling in life, but on the internet im HUGE ".

Donald has done a great job with this site, and the membership has kept this place pretty civil and informative as a whole.  Letting 12 people ruin it for the other few HUNDRED shows we all need to chill out a touch, see it ( and who) as it is and NOT FEED THE POSTS!
Instead of replying, and getting a response, ignore it altogether and hit the REPORT TO MOD button, we'll get the message and act accordingly !  Firing off more crap in the post just makes it worse, its very simple, and starts with everyone doing what they should.

There IS a group of people who use Off Topic 99% of the time, and while they do occationally contribute to other topics, this seems to be the only reason they are here.

Anyhow, if O.T. sticks around, and you dont like what you see - dont become a part of the problem !!!!   Just like TV or Radio - if you dont like it turn the damn station.

If this post goes south and turns into a pssing party, it'll go away. As Z has stated many times, you all need to self-police yourselves, show restraint, and act like grownups. yeah, its the internet and there are no real rules.... doesnt mean to need to revert back to 3rd grade. Just like Zman, we're all getting tired of cleaning everyones messes all the time, its unnecissary and pathetic.

Hopefully we'll be able to fully ban those people and get this site back to normal.

Oh nevermind - i see its already starting....... :mad:

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Ok, I got caught up.

Man, this stuff happens every winter...

I've given Don a few suggestions on how to weed out the unruly. But they're not options he's willing to entertain.

Not that I'm innocent. I've contributed my fair share to the pot, but we're all adults (mostly), I'm sure we can all play nice.... ;D

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've been on this place for almost 6 years, longer than a lot of mods. THis crap happens every winter, but seems to be getting worse. Would suck it if goes to the wayside, but thats beyond my control. Either way life goes on.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Seems to me that since zman gave it up, there hasn't been as much drama. But then again, I haven't frequented the forum as much as i normally do since then. It's boring around here if you ask me.

I also say get rid of off topic. Pointless on a fishing forum anyways. Off topic has allowed people to get to know each other...which has been a good thing and a bad thing. Politics and religion have contributed to the majority of it because many people can't handle reading someone elses opinion without insulting them.

Winter cabin fever. Somebody should go start a CFF rejects forum that is built solely for talking ish to each other.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I stopped reading the off topic forum for the most part, I do not read political/religious threads unless they are reported. Then I spend the 15 minutes it takes to read the thread and split it or remove the whole topic.
The only way I see a solution to it is to have a moderator for the off topic section. I dont moderate the section for 2 reasons its off topic and not about fishing, and it becomes to much like work trying to control the drama that section causes. I am here because I enjoy fishing, enjoy talking about fishing, enjoy helping others enjoy the sport, and enjoy learning more about fishing here in Colorado. I do not enjoy babysitting 10,000 members mostly adults on a forum that drew them here do to a common interest... which is what trying to moderate the off topic section is like. Maybe if I got paid for it, it would be different, what do babysitters get now a days?
There has been vote after vote on this forum to keep or remove the off topic section and the majority of the members want the off topic section. So I think the advice of dont read the section is the best thing to do if you get butt hurt reading something on the internet.

Don should get a new moderator just for the off topic section, this might help.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts