Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing yesterday. I'll try to give you a detailed report. You may want to take notes.

Surface Water Temp: 32 degrees..until noon..just a guess

Water Temp below the surface: Warmer than that.

Lures used: Absolutely..I've tried the PETA approved method of fishing without lures before with limited success.

Moon Phase: Not too sure ..I was fishing during daylight hours..however, the sun was full. (Pro tip number one...Sunscreen is your friend..Duh.)

Ice conditions: Great until noon..see Surface Water Temp.. You may need waders after that.

Depths fished: Yes..It would be pretty silly to try and fish on top of the ice...well at least before noon.

Weather: Best weather I've ever seen on the ice, Clear skies,
Warm temps..and plenty of sun..(See Pro tip number one)

Species fished: Anything that bites..I know I've heard people say that before.

Techniques used: Varied..However (Pro tip number two) When hit on the drop..Remember it's Bonk..Click ...Set...Reel..Not Bonk..Set..Click..Reel..

Now before I conclude this report, I know that all of the best fishing reports show kids fishing..I mean who doesn't love seeing kids having fun. My boys are grown up now so I'll just borrow a few..(Thanks James) and toss them in here.

It also never hurts to have a shot or two of wildlife if possible. Well I saw a lot of these...

And none of these..but I know they live around there.

All in all it was a great day out on the ice and then six inches below it after noon. I hope you all enjoyed the report.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Funny Report!! Nice laker.. Is that recent?

That backlash looks like fun ;) LOL Actually last Sunday when i went out open water for the 1st time this year.. i had forgot to adjust the brake on my baitcaster and 1st cast of the day had a massive birds nest to fix!! Learned that lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny Report!! Nice laker.. Is that recent?

That backlash looks like fun ;) LOL Actually last Sunday when i went out open water for the 1st time this year.. i had forgot to adjust the brake on my baitcaster and 1st cast of the day had a massive birds nest to fix!! Learned that lesson the hard way.
Thought we should have some fun..Yeah..that was yesterday...and my forehead is paying for it today..(see pro tip number 1)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great report -- looks like it was well worth the wait until after noon, too. Too bad you didn't see any elk on the ice. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The muley pic is just a stock pic..There were a lot of deer along the road. If you're gonna look for sheds..The deer running around where I live are dropping their antlers now. I see quite a few with just one side left...or they've already lost both..

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great looking Mac! And very good report.

Any tips on finding shed antlers? Im guessing just walk around and look on the ground were deer like to hang out? I've always wanted to find one but never have.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice Dave
Where's the pic of the other big en caught ???

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice fish dude!! Good response to the challenge....And at first I thought you just copied a posted from James...Lol.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Very nice! Funny too. Good looking kid lol. Monster Laker! Next year I'm going for one.

I've been sick this week, bad stomach bug :sick: So I've really enjoyed the reports. I was hoping you'd post one! Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Very nice! Funny too. Good looking kid lol. Monster Laker! Next year I'm going for one.

I've been sick this week, bad stomach bug :sick: So I've really enjoyed the reports. I was hoping you'd post one! Thanks!
No wonder we only see your "effing late" reports every so often. We have to wait until you are sick!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
That's pretty little based on some of the other fish I have seen you with from that region!

What was the morning temp and how was the slush? Is the snow still deep?

Thanks for the report Dave!...you have become a big fish machine...taking what was given to you and freelancing a bit...discovering some new tactics and mixing it with old...and have taken it to a whole new level...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts