Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Chambers today with Elvis.  Got some bites, but the final total was:  Skunk! 

Saw lots of fish in the finder, was able to get them to get them to come to the jig/bait, but most of them wouldn't take, regardless of my many and varied efforts.  The hits we did get were either very quick and then gone, or light and short-lived.

We even tried to stop at a good rainbows spot, got some hits shortly after putting the jigs down, missed the fish, and then gave up for the day. 

We saw many others, and nobody we talked to had had any luck with Macks, but a couple of people had caught some rainbows (at least one guy had caught 8).

Probably 10-12 total people fishing all day.

Only good thing was that we did get some bites, at least.

I talked to a guy who had caught a 29", 9-10 lb. laker there a couple of weeks ago, and another who had caught a 34" laker of unknown weight this ice season.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, which part of the day sounded good to you?   :)  Oh, the weather wasn't too bad. I went for macks and came away empty-handed.  First time in two years I didn't limit on macks at chambers - saw them on the sonar in good numbers, though.

Chambers gets some pressure during the week, but most of the cars parked along highway 14 were on the Barnes Meadow side, so I suspect that many Chambers devotees have switched to Barnes given that Chambers is in a lull, and some pretty good trout have been coming out of Barnes Meadow all year.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Given that I have been skunked on two consecutive trips, and I have to live with that for at least another week before I can fish again....  getting bites was ok.  I actually had a fish on for about 4 seconds, at one point. The only good thing about it, was that everyone else fishing for macks was skunked, too... Made us feel a little better being part of a skunk club of sorts.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you guys are hot women in disguise, I think a group hug could be in order  >:D, but that seems too good to be true.j

So, a skunk on two consecutive trips... It's been awhile. I'm going back out next weekend to shake the skunk off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts