Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Chambers near the campground, just where the lake opens up. One foot of ice and 15 feet of water. In five hours, caught 4 rainbows and 3 lakers. Rainbows went 13 to 15 inches, lakers were all 20". Rainbows were caught off the bottom jigging spoons and deadsticking small feather jig, all tipped with mealies. Two lakers were caught deadsticking the classic white tube with sucker, one was caught jigging the a spoon as I had done for some of the rainbows. All fishing was done just off the bottom. Talked to some folks who fished the Northeast end using a sonar, said they marked fish, but, having tried everything, came up dry. Maybe the hungry ones are cruising the shallows by the campground? Only missed one stike (so far as I know), so the action was sort of slow, in some respects. Weather was nice, breezy at times.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would say that's fairly typical action for Chambers. Sometimes it's a little better, sometimes a little worse.

I wonder if knowing the fish are there sometimes causes people to fish differently? Perhaps People fish slower or with less jigging action to try and keep the lure in front of the fish?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fished Chambers Sunday with a buddy. Caught about a dozen bows and one 22" mack. This was our first trip to Chambers and it was simply amazing. What an incredible place, and thanks to all who posted info before we went. The forum is the only reason we went to Chambers and probably the only reason we had any success.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nice job Finky...and welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts