Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
hellfish said:
cutthroat, you sure its not a splake? tail is awfully forked for a laker- it is big for a splake- but I could see how it could be confused
Macks are the ones with the deeply forked tails - splakes less so.  That is the single best visual way to tell the difference.  Color is unreliable for closely related species and their hybrids (changes soon after the fish dies).

I have caught lots of fish at Chambers, and not one of them has been a splake. Not sure when the last time splake were stocked there, but if there are any left, I don't think there are many.

· Registered
935 Posts
When you going back up there, BH? I was thinking about going up with my new fishfinder on Christmas day, or the day after, but I might go up Saturday as well. Either there or Parvin.

· Registered
935 Posts
I was thinking about mounting a small dome tent permanently onto a piece of hinged plywood, so all you had to do was open the plywood, and slip the fiberglass rods into the sleeves or clip the tent onto them.... That way, you have a stable platform to work from. Don't need plywood too thick. 3/8" would do it. Cutouts for holes. Probably bungy it to the top of my sled. hmm...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.