Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
24,883 Posts
Elvis...not to put words in Basshunters mouth but maybe

BH.what are the holes for??and what do you mean by"so the flap folds towards the door, and not the wall"?? thank's

The holes are for the ice fishing holes...and if you had the flap coming off the wall it would probably flop back into your ice fishing hole unless you rigged up some velcro on it...seems pretty well thought out to me...putting them away from the door works pretty well I imagine too...dont have to walk over your rods to get in and out...they make pop up domes where you dont have to put rods together in the cold...you might look for one of those on Ebay...it is just a matter of time before the newest revolution in tent design hits ice fishing...they have come out with "poleless" tents that use air chambers for support...less weight and bulk...just need an air pump...

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yup, Zman's got it. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I left flaps on the holes I cut in the tent bottom. I also think that it is a good idea to stick with small low profile tents, and not large tents. I think the wind would win with those...

· Registered
935 Posts
When you going back up there, BH? I was thinking about going up with my new fishfinder on Christmas day, or the day after, but I might go up Saturday as well. Either there or Parvin.

G

·
zman said:
Elvis...not to put words in Basshunters mouth but maybe

BH.what are the holes for??and what do you mean by"so the flap folds towards the door, and not the wall"?? thank's

The holes are for the ice fishing holes...and if you had the flap coming off the wall it would probably flop back into your ice fishing hole unless you rigged up some velcro on it...seems pretty well thought out to me...putting them away from the door works pretty well I imagine too...dont have to walk over your rods to get in and out...they make pop up domes where you dont have to put rods together in the cold...you might look for one of those on Ebay...it is just a matter of time before the newest revolution in tent design hits ice fishing...they have come out with "poleless" tents that use air chambers for support...less weight and bulk...just need an air pump...
Thank's B.H.now I understand,sounds darn good to me,what a great idea this is,small low profile tents are more wind resitance than larger ones.

· Registered
297 Posts
I used to use a small two man dome tent, I cut the whole floor out of it about six inches in from the walls, set it up over my holes and threw the slush on the strip around the edges, had to beat around it with a hammer when i wanted to leave, but it stayed put in the wind. Pretty cheap shelter. Worked real good.

· Registered
935 Posts
I was thinking about mounting a small dome tent permanently onto a piece of hinged plywood, so all you had to do was open the plywood, and slip the fiberglass rods into the sleeves or clip the tent onto them.... That way, you have a stable platform to work from. Don't need plywood too thick. 3/8" would do it. Cutouts for holes. Probably bungy it to the top of my sled. hmm...

G

·
CUTTHROAT, I Like the way you mind works, great idea,let me know ;when you have a blue print for this one, if you can build me one of I will pay you.
Oh,can you tell me how to get a double ofset handel for my "ESKIMO BARACCUDA HANDAUGER", much applached.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.