Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of a secondhand report. Some friends of mine were at Chambers today. Said there was about 1 foot of snow ON the lake, but 10-12" of ice underneath, and that fishing was pretty good - several lake trout caught, ranging from 14-20" or so, and about an equal number of rainbow trout, one pretty nice, guessed 16".

Given the depth of snow on the lake, and the probability of more snow tonight, I suspect snowshoes will be a good idea for anyone going tomorrow (Sunday).

They said the Laramie Ri. Rd. was plowed. Usually, the campground entrance is easier to walk in from, but given that the snow is deep, the plowed Laramie River Rd. may be easier to use this time, even though it's uphill - however, I don't know how far up it's plowed, so whatever route you take, you'll need to commit to when you park along Highway 14.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Still a little new heading to Chambers. I think I know the campground entrance. It's the one with the sighn that says chambers lake? But don't know larime river road. Which one are you taking tomorrow? I have snowshoes so that's no problem. Just would rather exert energy catching fish than hiking. (I know that's lazy but I have to work tomorrow afternoon)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laramie River Road is before you get to the Campground entrance. There is a sign that says the Road goes to "Glendevey". It sometimes has trucks with trailers parked there, because snowmobilers like to ride the road in winter, and some people access the lake by snow machine for fishing. I am going to stick with the campground entrance. By mid-November, there is usually a roadblock set up on the Laramie Ri. Road. Although snow may be less deep on the road due to traffic or plowing, it can be slippery to walk, and is uphill for half a mile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts