Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have current conditions for these areas. Like to get the snow machine out one more time this year but don't want to have to drive all the way to rabbit ears.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks Mike. I know that there is **** ton of snow still just wondering if the play areas still have snowy access.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Long Draw rd and Laramie river rd have been plowed. Chambers is probably slushy as hell. Gould? or Rabbit Ears would have better access. My buddy rode the ears last weekend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lots of snow still up HIGH for sure. Just getting up to it is something else.

I took the snow machines up to Jefferson two weeks ago. 10 inches in the parking lot and snow over the hood going up the hill of death. About 38" of ice with sixteen inches of snow on top of that.
By the time we made it back down to the trailer the snow had condensed to 4 inches of sticky exposing the dirt below. Lower stretches were probably bare that evening. Timed that storm perfectly!

Oh, we a caught a couple fish. Just a couple. 8)

·
Registered
301 Posts
closest campground with hookups?

Would like to fish chambers, laramie r. area this summer, but need hookups for the trailer - is the "canyonside" RV park the closest?

·
Registered
16,504 Posts
Lots of snow still up HIGH for sure. Just getting up to it is something else.

I took the snow machines up to Jefferson two weeks ago. 10 inches in the parking lot and snow over the hood going up the hill of death. About 38" of ice with sixteen inches of snow on top of that.
By the time we made it back down to the trailer the snow had condensed to 4 inches of sticky exposing the dirt below. Lower stretches were probably bare that evening. Timed that storm perfectly!

Oh, we a caught a couple fish. Just a couple. 8)
PICS?

·
Registered
16,504 Posts
Everything over the upper 10's seemed frozen solid in the zirkels and rawahs. Also the Flattops were solid frozen on top. Lots of snow also.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of my favorite things to do while flying (other than drinking>:D) is to try and identify lakes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Long draw road is closed, chambers was murky from the inflow of water, Joe wright had lots of ice some spots open, and lots of snow going up to Zimmerman but some some elk and good scenery

1 - 15 of 15 Posts