Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried Chambers lake along the northeast shore starting near the Laramie River outlet. I caught one 10" and one 12" rainbow trout on 1/4 oz. rainbow trout patterned kastmaster. Curiously, I had other trout follow and attempt to outrun the lure, and bite at the head (swivel) end.

I had a still rod fishing with sucker meat in hopes of catching a lake trout, but the lake trout didn't hit anything, including a buzz bomb I tried some casting with.

If I wasn't tired already by the time I drove by the campground entrance, which is closed now, I would have hiked in to try the shallower water on the south end of the lake. Instead, I drove up to have a look at Joe Wright. It was good to see some ice beginning to form at the inlet. I'm really looking forward to the ice fishing season.

· Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your options are also limited by the artificial lures regulation at Joe Wright.

They did stock the big lakers last year (neutered), but some are known to be gone, now. Some were caught, and a few were gill netted during surveys.

Because of the nearly constant howling winds, the artificial lure regulation, and the relatively low density of lakers stocked, Joe Wright is not a very appealing option for mack fishing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.