Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last Tuesday there was no open water yet, but the ice was looking pretty wet. There might be a little bit on the edges but I can't imagine there is much open water yet. Anyone else have a more recent report?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fished it last year at the end of May, at which point there was no sign of ice. I don't really know when the ice actually came off. Fishing was lousy, though it was cold and drizzly weather, which never seems to work for me trout fishing. I did have one decent sized laker on (I'm guessing 4 or 5 pounds) but I lost it just short of shore. I'm hoping to get up there at the right time on a good day to see what happens.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I worked on the pool at Rose Valley ranch, then fished the Little Laramie, then fished Lilly lake, then went to another lake, then a resevoir on 287 right by chambers. We were in a tan colored Chevy HD diesel with blingin chrome rims, also had a Jack Russel with us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Barnes Meadow Reservoir? Thats pretty much right across from Chambers on Highway 14. That place was amazing back before they drained in (early 90), now a lot of stockers, some decent browns though.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I ice fished Barnes Meadow this year and got only stockers as well. But I have heard stories of some big fish in there. I need to go back and give it a shot in the open water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts