Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the trip to chambers on sunday but I'm heading up tomorrow. I have never been but have been getting a good idea of what to do from the forum. I'm gonna snowshoe in from the campground entrance and head to the north side of the lake to try to catch some lake trout. I never have fished for them before. I have some big white tube jigs. I have some frozen suckers from JAX. I think I'm ready. I guess I'm just asking if any one has any advice on chambers or on catching lake trout? Thanks alot.

L

·
0 Posts
20-50 FEET FISH ON THE BOTTOM OR VERY CLOSE TO IT AND WATCH FOR SLACK LINE THEY WEREN'T BITING VERY AGGRESSIVE ON SAT. I WAS USING SMALL PIECES OF SUCKER TIPPED ON MY 2.5 INCH WHITE TUBE WITH A 3/8 OZ JIG HEAD. I NORMALLY TIP THE HOOK WITH A SALMON EGG.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Alittle tip that works great, let the jig fall all the way to the bottom, and be ready, as you reel up the slack. They often hit it right on the bottom. white and chart works well,, 2.5 in-4in long.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Basically its a couple miles through deep snow.Weather calls for like 40 MPH winds up there. You da man!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLAYERFISH said:
Basically its a couple miles through deep snow.Weather calls for like 40 MPH winds up there. You da man!
Wow praise from Slayer, I never thought I'd see the day. I mean I never fish in anything less than 40mph winds. Ha Ha Chambers was great I'll post in reports when I get a chance.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Slayer:
Is it legal to use snowmobiles there?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have snomobiled into Chambers Lucky and yes the Laramie River campground road is the the best way to get in. Be careful on the road stay on it and watch for the big drifts. Drop down from the east side by the dam and enjoy!

Tight Lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thanks Griz! i have never fished Chambers so I look forward to it and possibly meeting some of you guys there as well.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Grizz3767 said:
I have snomobiled into Chambers Lucky and yes the Laramie River campground road is the the best way to get in. 
Laramie River Rd. is better by machine, and Chamber Lake Campground Entrance is better on foot (no mile-long hill to climb).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts