Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on this site for a while, but thought I'd put up a quick post since I don't see any recent reports for Chambers. Water level seemed a bit lower than I remember from last year, but that's just eyeballing it. Ice was a little over a foot everywhere I drilled. Snow layer is only a few inches in most places. Some areas have a lot of liquid water between the snow and the ice. If you stick closer to the shore you should be able to avoid most of them. Fishing was not good for me, barely marked anything on sonar the whole day. The parking situation was also really tight, maybe a dozen vehicles up there.

Not the easiest lake, but I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Went to Chambers the day after X-Mass landed and released 7 Mac's (skinny fish 15" to 20") in about 5 hours. Light bite's used a Vex to find fish, 25' ish, safe ice. Windy and cool for bucket squatting! TT other's and were about the same for fish catches of the day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
watersport, yeah, I've had several days there over the last few seasons just like you described, in terms of sizes and numbers. I was fishing a bit deeper than 25', but I tried various depths... just didn't find 'em that day.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I fished Chambers on Saturday for the first time this year.
Two words - Slow and Cold - for the morning bite. -13 degrees

Ice is good but will get slushy when the snow starts piling up.
For me it was a good 1st trip getting the snowmobile and gear out.

Yep. Some real knuckleheads that dont know how to park too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts