Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to try something a little different this weekend and rather then fish there I went to the ponds at Chatfield, haven't fish them for a long time like twenty years but I wanted to see how they were. well the perch are still small the suckers were ok theres also little shiners in there. the ice is so so actually kind of scary theres open water by the island but today I got a surprise ten inch perch, most were running around three or four or even smaller. it was a nice break from the crowds ,the main lake look like a zoo and the other lake were ive been fishing didn't look much better, the ice is good there however with very little melting at the shoreline.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Where did you get on the ice at? I went out there Friday and the edges were gone. Open water about 8'-10' to the ice.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you at the first pond? got on right by the parking lot no issues on or off was out there both Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It was the big pond. I drove to the second parking area, the big one where they do the paddle board rentals in the summer.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah so I was at the first pond, doubt that ill be able to access it after this week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts