Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the bunks broke thus needed replacing so I did both. Didnt want to go to Crack then work in the parking lot because I wasn't replacing with stock bunks. Simply used a chunk of 4x4 on a floor jack on transom and did one side at a time.
I went with these:
https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/store

Pricey but slick. Haven't taken the boat out since so we'll see-

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Glad you were able to do it without having to put in the water. Bunks look cool too (but pricey!).

I seem to always lose 1 or 2 bolts on a bunk in the course of a year, despite new hardware, lock washers and jam nuts. I tried to raise mine in the garage as you did but got a little cautious when the boat didn't lift at all.

I have to say I repaired it at Trinidad this year - great place to work on the trailer as there's virtually no boat ramp traffic (possibly for good reason...):eek::)

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get it right, I needed 2x6's.
On that note, one of the bunks was in perfect condition. Its 2"x6"x9' long. Black carpet, straight perfect.
Anyone wants it it's free!

Take note Fishman-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Cool! Might have to do a to a quick patch work on the carpet on one of my bunks. Or switch out the whole bunk. I didn't like the idea of having to drop the boat at a lake somewhere.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
sorry ive got several straight 2-6 laying around I could let you have for $100, if you want black carpet ill let them go for $150

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update on plastic bunks.

Got to the lake and loosened the bow strap a foot. Backed boat down ramp and hit the brakes. The boat didnt slide.

Come time to load boat, drove it on like always, glad I didn't go in hot because the boat slid right to the bow stop easily and perfectly aligned. Much easier than carpeted bunks.

If they last till I get rid of the boat the $200 is a bargain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts