Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm here in Illinois with my dad and grandmother. We are here for what's basically a family reunion to commemorate a couple people that have passed recently. We fish my uncles farm pond every summer. He only lets close family fish it and no one ever really keeps any fish. Normally we do really good for bass and crappie and get a few cats and bluegill. Today, we got a bunch of cats and a few bass. When I decided to target cats, I started by throwing some catfish pellets into a catfish boil lol. My uncle feeds them sometimes and I took advantage of it. Basically just messing around because I could. Didn't need to do that though because they were aggressive regardless. I ended up catching multiple cats on both the pellets and caffeine shads. Also had one on a beetle spin that broke me off. Had a fun time with my dad and I plan on getting some bigger bass within the next week. We have gotten some nice bass in the past but my uncle swears there are 8+ pounders. There are a couple other spots I'd like to try as well. Hopefully I can make it happen.

https://youtu.be/VQEl0BFSnjE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts