Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a moniker, Ed, but thanks for your concern :) I stay as far away from "angry" as I can, but you know, certain things can piss a guy off: broken poles, runnin' out of beer, fishin' at Chatfield, ...shall I continue?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'm sure you'll get answers to your post-I don't catfish much so I'm not much help. You might try the search feature and type in cats or channel cats-there should be enough there to keep you reading for hours. Unless your'e fishing Chatfield at night this time of year .......well, its not exactly a "wilderness" experience, is it? The running out of beer is just piss poor planing. ;D Ed

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info, Ed. I've already gotten a couple of "lines" on where to look for Channels by following your advice. I'm not much of a catfisherman either, but I caught 2 18 inchers at **** .. er, Chatfield recently, and the little lady turned em into a gourmet dinner (she did some asian thing to em). Anyway, I'd be interested in having that dish again, so I'm gonna try to stock up on a few Channels. I'm actually more of a Spring troller for large Macks & Browns, which I release. I do keep every Kokanee I can get my night krawler diggin' mud stained popgear trollin' fingers on, however, and for obvious reasons (deliciousness). But I love it all; Flycasting, fly & a bubble, spin casting, hikin' into high lakes, dunking worms, and/or stinkbait. Whatever it takes. As long I get a chance to wet some line in some good waters , I'm happy. 8)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if I ever saw a pub with that name, in England or anywhere else, I'd have to wander in. But back to a place where there might be some Channel Cats...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hello AngryAngler. Welcome to the site. Location would help. If you are in the Denver Metro area, some of us have been having some luck here and there at the Adams County Fairgrounds. Some nights they are biting non-stop, other night you get one little dink an hour. I would stay away from there though this weekend due to the Annual fair that will be going on. I think it starts this weekend.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the welcome & the info, sir. I'm on the West side, but I'm always willing to drive. I'm on vacation, so I've got a few weeks to figure the cats out. I'll probobly end up trying Sutherland or Big Mac, but the drive to & from the Fair Grounds sure sounds better. I'll let you know how it goes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts