Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Jay-I can see some problems with this system. Lets say you go to a lake and use your batteries all day and run them down. But the drive home is only 1/2 hr or an hour-not long enought to fully charge them back up. So when you get home you still have to lug them inside and finish the charge. Because if you don't fully charge up the battery , it will degrade it and significantly shorten the life of the battery. Now if the charging system is efficient enough that a 1 hr drive home is long enough to fully charge those batteries, no problems and you're good to go.

· Registered
2,901 Posts
farmer ted-You bring up a good point about charging batteries at low amps. My charger has 3 settings, 12, 8 and 2. I have always used the 12 amp to charge-would I get a better charge and be kinder to my batteries if I went down to 8 of even used the 2 setting. Sometimes I don't have time for a slower charge but many times I would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.