Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
explodedlad said:
This would be a Joke, Charlie Craven just did a tying demo this last Saturday here in Durango. You know, he really sucks at tying....oh wait that was me. ;D
Exactly. I took his class last year (which was GREAT). He'd tie up something, explaining things very well the whole way, and making it look easy. Then say "easy, see? Now it's your turn." Then I'd proceed to tie my fingers to the vise.

·
Registered
434 Posts
DozerF350 said:
explodedlad said:
This would be a Joke, Charlie Craven just did a tying demo this last Saturday here in Durango. You know, he really sucks at tying....oh wait that was me. ;D
Exactly. I took his class last year (which was GREAT). He'd tie up something, explaining things very well the whole way, and making it look easy. Then say "easy, see? Now it's your turn." Then I'd proceed to tie my fingers to the vise.
Haha thats how I felt, I noticed that he was taking his time to explain the steps while tying. It made me realize that tying by himself, he probably completes a perfectly crafted stonefly nymph in about 20 seconds.
If anyone is new to tying on this board and lives in the front range, you should most certainly take a class form Charlie, go to one of his demos, or at least check out his book from the library. He is a great teacher.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Is Chaz the best tier in America? ???

Dude is like the terminator or something. :p

When I do my book, I want him to tie all the flies for the pix... :-X

SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts