Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Beautiful spot and beautiful fish. Nice job filming sir. This was relaxing to watch in the morning. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where's the big trout? Lol
What did surprise me was that you appeared to have the river to yourself. Very rare for your location, very rare. That was the best part of the video for me. Nice job.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, there's some absolute trucks in there. I caught a few nice one's, but there were a few others that I was aiming for that wouldn't budge for anything I threw their way. Regarding the lack of people, you're totally right. I was there very early and had a couple hours to myself. Fishing was best then too. Didn't get crowded til 8-830am, and really filled in by 10am (at which point the fishing slowed way down too). I'll go to great lengths to get a few hours of solitude, and once it gets busy, I'll go explore a less popular stretch like Lower down that river (which I did and was lots of fun catching smaller guys). Thanks for the comment and input on the video!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. I have never had the C&R to myself. Even in Jan and Feb in sub-freezing temps there are always a few intrepid souls out there. But, then I am not there at o-dark-thirty either! Nicely done, as always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts