Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I dont think it was the hat...mainly I went out there for a few gallons of water...I have 9 pounds of leeches coming on Wednesday...no they are not all for me...well I decided while I was there I might as well fish...I fished for 3 hours...Rapalas and jigs...keep breaking off jigs so I put that pole away...plus I bought two of the new walleye rods that Bass Pro has for $20 off and I had to try those...a jigging one and a casting one...they worked great and I am really pleased...nice rods for $50...any way back to the fishing...I managed to catch 8 walleyes of which 3 were legal...two 19.5 inch twins and one at 18.5...I lost 3 others that managed to get off (wasnt really planning on fishing didnt have hook sharpener)...had two other hits that I missed...I went by myself and forgot my camera...although I did snap a couple of kitchen countertop photos so it is the best that I have...oh and the 5 that went back...4 of them were 16 to 17.5 inches and the other one was about 12 inches...I will say that these are as fat as any walleyes I have ever seen...here are the photos...

and a second one...again thanks Dan!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Those are nice and fat fish, however............

Due to the lack of "having a camera" with you makes me suspicious. The lack of background that reveals the location and season is suspicious.

Tell us the truth, did you really catch those at chatfield or did you just find some pictures on the net? >:D

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dan said:
Tell us the truth, did you really catch those at chatfield or did you just find some pictures on the net? >:D
I may be wrong but those look like Canadian news papers. :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thats a lovely kitchen counter of death. If I did that to my counter my wife would fillet me.
Congrats on the good day. I'm waiting for the smallies to go off, but the shad might change that.
Athough, I never met a Chatfield smallie who could resist
a crawdad tube jig.

·
Registered
213 Posts
He's telling the truth. If you zoom in on the pictures you can see the date on the newspaper they are laying on. It does say Tuesday, May 2, 2006 and its The Denver Post. Nice catches Zman, wish I could get Walleye like that up here in the Fort Collins area, and from shore.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Awe, come on guys, zman is one of the "good guys". You have to trust his word about these eyes.
zman, those are some "mighty fine lookin' fish to me".
Cody

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
zman,

Nice catch! I really like this thread, too -- an interesting mixture of the serious and absurd.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You must've caught them all since all I got today was a skunk. It was a beautiful day to be out fishing. I fished from 8 till 12:30 and only saw two fish caught. One was by the dam tower and the other in Massey Draw by a guy in a belly boat.

Nice fish !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Due to the lack of "having a camera" with you makes me suspicious. The lack of background that reveals the location and season is suspicious.
Come over and pick up your leeches tonight and I will show you the counter...I wasnt living here a month ago...

If I did that to my counter my wife would fillet me.
...I hate fish guts or fish smell in the house...I have mastered the art of nobody knowing I cleaned fish there...I had to when I was a kid or my mom would of hung me up by my britches...

It does say Tuesday, May 2, 2006 and its The Denver Post. Nice catches Zman, wish I could get Walleye like that up here in the Fort Collins area, and from shore.
...you can...try one of the rocky north dams on Horsetooth...they will be in the shallows shortly feeding...Horsetooth is usually a bit behind other front range waters on the warm of water temps due to size, depth, and high canyon walls...

Awe, come on guys, zman is one of the "good guys". You have to trust his word about these eyes.
zman, those are some "mighty fine lookin' fish to me".
...thanks and stop drinking the Koo Aide

How Deep Were They? From shore or boat?
...shallow and shore...I have a boat...I have caught my biggest walleyes from shore...that is where a majority of the food is...and sooner or later they will go get it...be there when they do...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts