Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished CF last night for a few hours. Landed 2 14 or so inch Smallies off the dam. Had a few more fish on and lost um. Water temps around 73 and pretty clear.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We got them on a minnow under slip float. Aslo had hook ups on craw colored cranks and beaver tail plastics.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
405 Posts
J, good job. I thought I was going to get in a good night's worth of fishing at Chatfield last Friday night but I swear I left my brain back in the garage.

I've gotten so used to hardly ever filling my 4 stroke 60 hp with gas because it runs so fuel efficient, that I never glanced at the fuel gauge prior to hitting the water. So, I get on the lake only to find out I'm on an empty tank, and to make matters worse the pump at the dock is closed. So... I think to myself I can putt around the lake in low idle and switch over to electric trolling moter and make it into the wee hours of the night; NOT!!!! I had steamed and cleaned the boat out the weekend prior and left the danged rear white ligth in the garage!!! Unfreaking believable!! I swear if I'd had a concrete wall infront of me I would have run into it head first to put myself out of my misery. Talk about up the creek without a paddle?!

Long story short better luck next time... for me that is!

Sorry folks I had to share... Sigh....I feel so much better. How's that for a stupid story?

·
Registered
16,678 Posts
That'll teach you to clean out a FISHING boat! What were you thinkin?A boat ain't a fishin boat unless it's got some guts and blood on it.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ok, Pete, after I sat at the dock for hours waiting for you, now you tell me what happened! j/k

Sorry to hear that, the fishing was kinda slow that night. I might be out on Sunday night after I get back in town. Maybe we can hook up then.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts