Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished off the shore near Heronry Overlook.
Started at 7:00 am.
Bite was consistent from 8:30 thru 10:00 then then wind kicked up.
Caught this chubby 15"+ bow first

(Sorry for image quality, my digital camera sux. I'd be happy to take your old one. ^-^)

then 2 small bows. Lots of bites.  Used simple old rainbow powerbait. Beats sittin at home  :p

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Nice fish, raynman. How many did you get in total?!!?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
There were 10 or so boats on the water Saturday afternoon. I hope to get out ther this afternoon.

Dan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
work2fish said:
Nice fish, raynman.  How many did you get in total?!!?
I landed 3 total, the picture is the largest one. I left at 10:00 when the wind kicked up, had bites the whole time.

In the AM there were only a couple of Boats.

Man, I need a boat so I can get out towards the Dam

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice fish, Rayman.
If you make it out Dan, please let us know what you find. There have not been any Chatfield boat reports posted since the ice went out, I do not believe.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Took the boat out from 2p- 330p today. Wind was light when I started picked up pretty good by the time I left.

Water 34-35 degrees
clarity 5-6 feet

I marked a few fish near the tower. Around 8 fow. Nothing along Massey Draw. Lots of fish marked in the North boat cove. Also marked what looked like lots of shad in schools............ :-\ Saw several fish moving from the bottom up to the schools.

I tried crawlers, minnows, paddlebugs and power bait. tried jigging while anchored. Also tried a slow drift.

Did not venture too far from shore. If the wind did not pick up would have tried deeper water and of course the submerged bridge.

Only 1 other boat out this afternoon. Saw a few people on the shore.

Was some thin skim ice still on the far south end and a little in protected areas in Kingfisher.

Dan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Went out Wednesday for a few hours and trolled around and finally caught 2 rainbows over in Plum Creek area using Rapalas. Wind picked up and encouraged us to leave about 2:00. Saw a few schools of bait and a few fish marks on the sonar but nothing to get too excited about. Now it's snowing and looks like winter again-go figure. ???

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I had a feeling this was going to happen...

I finished installing my new trim tabs and got my boat ready for water, I was going to put it in the water this Sunday as a matter of fact... All you people with Open Water Withdrawl can blame me for my lack of sympathy.

I kinda knew everything would freeze over again, if I did work on my boat - frozen again till mid March... So, I prepared to put my boat in the water under a veil of secrecy, knowing I have a new (untested) 6" Nils Master ice auger, and believing I had invoked the new equipment curse, which resulted in our warm weather lately... It is true that I was saddened with no front range ice on which to test my auger.

That's what got me thinking, could I sneak in an addition in on to my boat without reversing the curse, kinda taking advantage of the curse? Then I wondered if working on the boat might invoke a curse of its own?

Many Aplogies!

T

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
It is your fault Terre! YOu double whammied us with a NEC, having both auger and new trim tabs.........The lakes will freeze up but not enough to use either your boat or auger!

Thanks alot! >:D

Dan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

I'm so sorry, this potential outcome wasn't immediately apparent. Do you think grief consuling will help? I know a good therapist, pm me if you need her name.

T

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Wow...I didnt get blamed for once!...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
No a grief counselor is not necessary, I can handle it. But I do think Zman should be searched, and I mean thoroughly, ( he should feel violated when done) for more voodoo dolls than the one he uses on me. His voodoo priest thing could account for many things including Global Warming, the Tax Code and some other insidious little problems.

Dan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

It sounds like you know something, or maybe you saw something. Either way it does not sound like good times are instore for me. I stuck a hook in my finger today, my feet were freezing this morning, there was a huge pile of dishes when I got home, and I've been having hot flashes... Yes I can see how I would connect the one who shall go unnamed to Global Warming, but I don't see how we tie him to the Tax Code.

T

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
TAL0362 said:
but I don't see how we tie him to the Tax Code.

T

duct tape works for me

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan,

No, I just didn't know how we tie him too it, I think Roadkill might be on to something, he who will not be named, taped to the tax code... its a start! It would be kinda like a "Kick Me" sign on his behind. Any other ideas will be given due consideration.... But I my self am not going to go out on a limb here... I believe he has a voodoo doll, in my likes.

This is the deal folks, we have a person amongst us who is the self proclaimed Director of Global Curses and Galactic Fishing Mayhem. He also single handedly did in the Broncos today. He views it no match match to take on any one person, or a professional sports team... just maybe, united we will prevail... Please help!!!!

T

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
We have 1006 views on this post!!!! My post will make it 1007-we got some very serious "cabin fever" out there. You all need to go fishing. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts