Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried for trout and had some hits but I didn't land any. My buddy, who has not registered yet but is already addicted to this site, caught a rainbow (~12") on the same "pistal-pete" thing we used up at Wolford. He had at least three (3) other fish on and several more hits but failed to land them.

So, much to my chagrin, my buddy got first fish this time. I was trolling the same dare devil that I did on Saturday and got one small hit on it. I switched over to the "pistal-pete" thing and did get some hits ... but nothing hooked up.

We trolled the dam with pluggs near the end (21:00 to 23:00) and I got one small (~13") walleye. So the tally is:

My buddy got first ...
we tied for most +
most variety,
I got biggest and I got last.

NO SPEED BOATERS AT ALL!!! ;D
IT WAS REALLY FUN.
Sorry no pictures this time ... but

My buddy kept the rainbow but forgot to put the stringer into the boat before leaving. Dragged the thing about 4 miles to the 7-11 before he remembered he had left it hanging off the side of the boat.

HE, HE ... OH!! and I did give him [email protected]#t for it.

It's OKAY though, it just polished the scales off the one side of the trout. It will not interfere with the eating of the fishy.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to post the monster catch I got a CSP on Saturday ...

I only wish I had gotten the hardware from the other fisherman who caught the same snag.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
lol...thats a monster...it looks a lot like one that broke me off at Chatfield earlier this year. im glad someone finally managed to land him....

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dam man, That looks like keeper. I fished Granby some time ago and caught that sticks brother :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

F

·
0 Posts
hahhahahhahahah....there is nothing worse than fishing with a buddy and having him watch you set your drag and get all excited to find out you have a stick !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
When I hooked that Palomino my buddy laughed and insisted I hooked a log at first. When my drag started peelin out he said OH Sxxx!
One of those things where you had to be there...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I do think DOW is stocking them ... and worse.

They stock Christmas trees wrapped in rebar mesh.

If you run into one of those you are in for a real fight!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been curious ... First, is there a size limit for keeping such a species and second how do I measure it to see if it is over the size limit?

Do I take the length of the longest fork side? The shortest fork side? or Do I average them?

I looked up in the 2005 regulations to see and came up with nothing. Ha Ha

Incidentally, the logo on the hat says.

?I only fish on days that end in Y?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
first you hold the fish horizontally, then you take a tape measure (lots of fisherman have the sticker tape measure stuck on their boat to facilitate the process), then you put the end of the tape measure at the end of the fish's nose and then see where the tail ends and that would be the length. The tails will not differ in length much, but if they do you can measure the longest fork. Usually it is clear if it meets the limit or not. If you are in doubt, throw it back. Catch them big ones and you won't have to worry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts