Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to Chatfield today for a couple of ours, landed a small, perch and two small rainbows.

Water temp was 55-56 degrees.  The largest concentration of fish were holding in deep water in the main channel just about 100 meters south of the center bouys marking the no wake zone south side of the lake; fish of all sizes were stacked in this area.

I dropped a float marker in this area and worked it for about two hours. Picked up the perch on a pink and white dick nite trolling bottom. Picked up one trout on a Mepps rubber minnow imitation in 15 ft of water, and the other trout on a silver kastmaster in 10 ft of water.

All released.  When I caught the perch, all I could think about was Dan's desire for perch eyes.  Somehow the comical thought of a little blind perch sitting on a stool at the bottom of the lake, selling apples to make a living crossed my mind....  couldn't do it Dan, had to let him go.

Pete

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Pete,

I was thinking about going out there tomorrow... Humm....

You should have taken one perch eye though, as I understand it Dan pays large sums of money for that first perch eye, especially when there is a lid on the lake.

T

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Pete,

The way I do it is just remove one and then put a little pirates eye patch on the fish before I release it.

;D

Dan

Why is it I suspect someone will actually believe I do that? Probably Zman or Epic or Rottal will condemn me for making a joke.........

·
Registered
438 Posts
Speaking of catfish. I've been wanting to give em a try out at chatfield. Are they biting out there this time of year and could anyone suggest an area of the lake one might start on. Some catfish fee lays sound pretty good.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Probably Zman or Epic or Rottal will condemn me for making a joke.........
...I thought the eye patch was kind of kewl...cutting off one of the anal fins and fitting them for a "peg" fin was a bit much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts