Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit CF this afternoon with my son and caught two nice rainbo's about 16" and about a dozen smallies along the dam with small rapalas. The rainbos's where caught trolling open water and the smallies where caught throwing up against the rocks. The bass where busting bait fish every where and some big one too. Bait did not catch a fish today, tried minows and trolling worms on pop-gear for the trout but nothing. Oh well at least some fish liked the rapalas

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 10" couldn't get any of size to hit. Forgot to tell the part of breaking my 19 year streak of never getting hooked while removing the hooks of the rapala which is about the only thing i fish. Had a small smallie and was rubbing in to to my son that dad finally got to reel in a fish which you don't much if you take little ones fishing and next thing is this burning sensation in my index finger. I put the fish in a death grip as I see the hook buried to the bend and tell JR to get the knife and cut the line so I can drop the rod, he cuts the line and my pinky also. In the end the hook comes out while bitting on a stick and beleive it or not the smallie strongly took off.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
JohnnyO19 said:
Atleast it was you and not your son, when the little ones get hooked its far worse on the ole nervous system. Also atleast you caught more fish, helps take the mind off the pain.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like those Rainbow's are still biting and being caught--great!
Fishing Chatfield this last summer, we had some great luck in catching some mighty nice Rainbow's and a few very nice Brown's. I got one Brown that was a nice 19" one.
The boat and the rods have been put away now, due to my hip replacement surgery I had last month. But, as soon as I'm able to be "up and around" 100% again and there is a nice day this winter, we will get the rods out and hit the shores of Chatfield, etc. and see what we can get.
Cody (cowboy)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts