Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my dazed state of depression over the frozen Harriman lid...did I mention it is too early...can they put heating coils in Harriman?...if we all chipped in...

Oh well enough carping about Harriman...

Decided to do the drive tour of Chatfield...hoping it wasnt half ice covered and I still had until the 18th like last year to get my boat on there...went to the spillway first no water running or at least just a trickle...half ice covered...damn...go back north old man winter!...

Next up the north boat ramp area...still open water...one guy casting a beetle spin...hadnt been there long...no hits...one boat coming off and I talked to them...water temp 39...they had caught a few walleyes...and a few trout...the walleyes were under 18 inches but fat and went back...they said the trout were bigger than the walleyes and a nice surprise...I was still stunned by Harriman and didnt ask them what they got them on...well at that point I decided to go cast a rubber shad around the south marina...fished it for about a half hour when I got a horrible birds nest...decided I needed my fingers for work on Friday and headed for the truck...will come back on Friday and walk the handicapped area...

Final tally...no hits and a depressed state of mind...guess I will call Bill Willcox at Lake John Resort and make some ice reservations...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Atleast you been able to get out, I have been sick for 2 weeks. I'm barely making it in for work, luckily I work by myself and can just sit all doped up on Zycam (the grossest tasting medicine I ever taken), and not bother anyone.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zycam is over the counter isnt it?...maybe it was time you went to the Doc...2 weeks is a long time to not get better...I had the "beauties" at Kaiser misdiagnose me 2 times at Kaiser...the 3rd time I saw a different doc...she said I had a pnuemonia and asked what doc I had been seeing that couldnt tell that?...I said it was one of her Kaiser collegues...I came close to checking out on that one...I have not let cold symtoms fester ever since...

And sorry I have gotten use to global warming...not used to this nuclear winter that is going lock everything up...no warm up in sight after tomorrow...oh well maybe Jake will freeze to death Sunday in Kansas City...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah zycam is over the counter... I went to the Doc he said you have a cold now get out of here... Seriously he said to take cold eeeze (which has helped alot) and musenx DM (spelling?) which is an every 12 hour pill, and just became over the counter. I think I am almost over the cold, just a lingering cough every now and again... just havent kicked it all the way. Now my girl is sick, she is blaming me for some reason... so as soon as I get better she will give it back to me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
ZMAN, I was the one you talked with at Chatfield yesterday. The original plan was to fish at
Aurora but high winds and white caps changed our plans. Was amazed to find the water smooth
as glass at Chatfield. Spooned those walleye and trout in 11-12 feet of water on the flat just
around the corner from the boat ramp cove. Those rainbow were 2 1/2 - 3lbs each and stuffed
with shad. They are soaking in brine right now and with be in the smoker later today.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GMC045

It was nice talking to you...what time is lunch?...those smoked trout done yet!...just an FYI...I heard they are closing the boat ramp at Aurora on the 14th of December...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts