Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are plans to store more water in Chatfield for increased downstream summer time flows and for South metro water users. The plan is to raise the max water level by 12 feet. Didn't really believe it untill Charlie Meyers wrote about it a few weeks ago. The article was pretty informative including stream restoration projects for the S. Platte below the dam.

Fished the inlet this week and thought about where the inlet will be with 12 more feet of water. Keep a eye out for future good structure. Sorry if this topic has already been brought up and I wish I remembered when they will be ready to raise the level, guess after they build a new bridge, boat ramp etc.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think that it will be several years before this really happens. Was out there the other day and it
is easy to see that a lot of relocations of infrastructure will have to happen before they start to raise the water level. New boat ramps, relocate the swim beach and buildings, reroute access to
the North ramp area, etc.........
Will be one big lake with a lot of new fish holding areas once this does come about.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
it will take several years before they raise the level. Tons of things need to be done first. Hearings, Environmental Impact Statement, Allocating Funds, Construction etc. I don't think it will happen in less than 5 years and more likely 10 if it does.

But it would be interesting to fish when if it happens.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts