Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chatty is my Achilles heel so it was fun to bang the daylights out of the eyes whether or not they were keepers. 9 eyes total with one keeper still swimming. One smallie smaller than the SR and a jacked up slimer.

Wind: ESE, 15 mph
During the front
Water Temp: 49-50
Lures: Smithwick Super Rogue black with orange belly, HJ10 in Gold.

Alternated between the SR (dotted) and HJ10. When one would die down, I would switch up and catch an additional 2-3 fish. Doesn't hurt to switch sizes once in awhile to mix things up. I think it helps.

Retrieve: Fished the SR moderately slow. About 1 rev/sec. Hard pops and short pauses. Had several fish hit it as I slow dragged it through the shallow rocks. Most fish hit it right after I banged the first rock on the shelf. I kinda "feel" the rocks coming and I deliberately pop it real hard to hit the rocks as hard as I can. Strikes came as I started to pick up the slack from the pop.

The HJ10 (no suspend dots) I fished faster with short pauses (2 revs per sec). I was able to fish it more aggressively over the rock shelf because it runs a bit shallower. Longer pauses over the shelf were the key on that bait. 3 to 5 seconds.

Outfished the people fishing a little further down. That was fun I have to admit.

Tight lines folks and I hope this helps!

Timmah!!!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Outfished the people fishing a little further down. That was fun I have to admit.
Not cool! I might know some of those people "a little further down." :mad2: :D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Chatty is my Achilles heel so it was fun to bang the daylights out of the eyes whether or not they were keepers. 9 eyes total with one keeper still swimming. One smallie smaller than the SR and a jacked up slimer.

Wind: ESE, 15 mph
During the front
Water Temp: 49-50
Lures: Smithwick Super Rogue black with orange belly, HJ10 in Gold.

Alternated between the SR (dotted) and HJ10. When one would die down, I would switch up and catch an additional 2-3 fish. Doesn't hurt to switch sizes once in awhile to mix things up. I think it helps.

Retrieve: Fished the SR moderately slow. About 1 rev/sec. Hard pops and short pauses. Had several fish hit it as I slow dragged it through the shallow rocks. Most fish hit it right after I banged the first rock on the shelf. I kinda "feel" the rocks coming and I deliberately pop it real hard to hit the rocks as hard as I can. Strikes came as I started to pick up the slack from the pop.

The HJ10 (no suspend dots) I fished faster with short pauses (2 revs per sec). I was able to fish it more aggressively over the rock shelf because it runs a bit shallower. Longer pauses over the shelf were the key on that bait. 3 to 5 seconds.

Tight lines folks and I hope this helps!

Timmah!!!!
where You in a boat?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From shore :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts