Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Chatfield this afternoon from noon till about 4p kinda windy. Water temp 53-55. Water stained along Massey draw and the dam. Fairly clear mid-lake and on the eastside near the shore. My trolling motor let out hot smell like burning wires then actually gave a "pop" and a puff of smoke. Guess the circuit board got fried, not surprised its been giving me fits for a while. It is 13 years old, so I guess I got my money out of it.

But back to the reason I am posting. When the motor went "poof", I ran over by the tower and anchored for an hour and a half. Had to throw out to anchors to stay in place. Tried some rapalas of various types, Nothing. Tried some gulp worms, nothing. Left one line out with a slip bobber over a minnow and started to catch some 10 inch smallies. Caught three. Was fishing 8-10 feet of water and about a foot or so off the bottom.

All in all a nice day except the the trolling motor!

Dan

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Was Eyeguy's the ACME blow up walleye?! <snicker>

Sorry to hear about your motor!

E

·
0 Posts
Zmann....I USED to like you! :p LOL

If this cowboy owulda read my report BEFORE he went out there, he might;ve learned that the fish are much, much deeper than he was attempting to locate them... ;)

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Actually Eyeguy I was much impressed...I can imagine the armada of boats that were out there when you caught her...just getting her in the boat without 16 satellites, 22 periscopes, 12 spyglasses, 29 telescopes, an 137 pairs of binoculars seeing you from other boats and immediately become one with your boat in siamese twin form...that was the real feat...getting a keeper in the boat undetected...

·
Registered
104 Posts

I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR A WALLMART FAN, BUT THEY HAVE MINKOTA TROLLING MOTORS 30# $ 89.00 34# 109.00 @ larger 4 around $ 149.00 BUT DON'T GO TO THE NEW SUPER WAL MART ON COLFAX THEY DON'T STOCK ANY MOTORS. HOPE THIS WILL HELP.. I'M LEAVING FOR EADS COLO FIRST THING EARLY AM TUE. WILL REPORT LATER.

E

·
0 Posts
If ya buy a trolling motor, BUY MORE HP's than you think you NEED.

I overpower my boat according to the mfgr....BUT I have NEVER been sorry!

On the other hand, I HAVE bought boats without ENOUGH power (cars too), and been VERY SORRY!

;)

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the sympath on my trolling motor. I alraedy have one picked out. My son works at walmart and I can get his employee discount. So I will pick it up tomorrow night.

I forgot to tell you about something else while fishing yesterday. I was not really able to enjoy it like I wanted to since my wife was with me.

Along the east shore just off the bluffs, there was a boat anchored and when I went by I had to do a double take.

Some guy was fishing with a couple of rods over the side and the best part was his girlfriend/wife. She was stretched out over the over the back of the boat sunbathing........nude!

Sorry ladies if this offends you, but I am a red blooded American male and boys will be boys! (at least i was not running to a strip club)

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Dan said:
Some guy was fishing with a couple of rods over the side and the best part was his girlfriend/wife.  She was stretched out over the over the back of the boat sunbathing........nude!
Wonder what he caught that trophy with???

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I did not have a telephoto lens, but you would have like to see that picture posted!

Dan

·
Banned
487 Posts
What the heck good are you if you didn't get a pic? I've seen some naked girls floating down the river or dipping the hot springs. Nice addition to the day. I would have yelled your boat is sinking.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Since every vessel is supposed to be equipped with a sound device by law...you should of snuck in close and went with the air horn!!!

Fishing for the exotic itsatrophius hooterus

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IceInTheVeins said:
What the heck good are you if you didn't get a pic? I've seen some naked girls floating down the river or dipping the hot springs. Nice addition to the day. I would have yelled your boat is sinking.
Like I said my wife was with me!

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts