Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chatfield with my boys on Wednesday.  windy, cold, windy. rain started around 5 and windy.  Started drifing just outside the north boat ramp.  had one good hit in 12 feet of wter on a minnow.  Lost it.  Drifted/trolled the west shore as far as Deer creek. Nada. Tried the road bed and bridge. Used raps, minnows, curly tail jigs, crawlers. Nada. Went over to Massey Draw marked tons of fish along the drop off there in calmer water.  Tried everything but the kitchen sink.  Nada.  Only fish I saw caught were a by a grebe.  Rain came in we got cold and wet.  Stayed for another hour.  Left around 6p.  No other trailers in the lot when we left. 

a Great day fishing, lousy day catching.

Dan

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Hey dan,still beatin your head against the wall out there,huh?Somewher like granby or wolford or williams fork will be hitting prime time right about now.(for trout anyway).and trout dont care if its rainy or cold.Later-

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dan good to get a report from ya, it seems like its been awhile. I feel you pain brother, been there done that. I tend to fish Chatfield often as I'm about five minutes from the lake so it's an easy in easy out.

It seems that as of late, the Chatfied reports are the same, either the "skunkage" or a fish or two. Slayer's got me all fired up with the Granby report at the inlet.

Like a magnet to a nail, it seems like I'm being drawn to a another trip up the hill. Weather permitting, I can't imagine not being there this Saturday. If your free consider a trip up...

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather permitting this Saturday my boys and I are probably gonna hit a neighborhood pond for bass and bluegill. We need to get out together Pete and see if we can knock them dead.

Dan

·
Registered
405 Posts
Right-on Dan, and a greatful thanks to your son for voluntarily stepping up in defense of this great nation.

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete said:
Right-on Dan, and a greatful thanks to your son for voluntarily stepping up in defense of this great nation.

Pete
We are very proud of him! I will be losing my best fishing/hunting partner when he leaves.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts