Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished from 830a - 7p. 15 walleyes, 16 - 17.5, all in the morning riggin' leeches. had the lake to myself! not many boats of any kind. a cold north wind, BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR, most of the day made it a little tough, but well worth it. water temp. is 53 degrees.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Good to hear Chat is warming up...at least the fishing.

RAVEN - question for you....without disclosing your name, are you the current state record holder for musky in CO? Your signature got me wondering and that guy used to fish the CWA stuff.

M

·
0 Posts
I fished it from about 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Caught 1 rainbow 16" on a crawler. Very fat fish. It was the most peaceful evening I'VE EVER had at Chatfield. Nobody there and once the wind died down, it was awesome. My rear transducer registered 46 - 48 degrees (must've fished different spots than Raven).

F

·
0 Posts
Im going tomorrow, hopefully the idiots on jet skis and speedboats wont be out there....but I think everyone knows thats wishful thinking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My son and I made it to the lake today at 1:30 and were off by 5:30. Not the best time to fish but you fish when you can. It is great to see others catching some fish. We struck out but had great father and son time on the water.

The lake still has not turned on yet as in years past. Lets see if a few warms days can make it happen for the eyes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
setthehook said:
Good to hear Chat is warming up...at least the fishing.

RAVEN - question for you....without disclosing your name, are you the current state record holder for musky in CO?  Your signature got me wondering and that guy used to fish the CWA stuff.
YOU ARE CORRECT, that's me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts