Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the dam at Chatfield from noon till 3 today.  Started up with 16 inch rainbow just outside the north boat cove.  It hit on a perch pattern, kwikfish. 

Switched to a bottom bouncer, pulling a crawler harness with a black gulp minnow.  Trolled east of the tower in 20-24 feet of water.  Got one 19 inch walleye around 230 pm.

Water temp is running about 58 where I was fishing.  Caught the walleye while a dark cloud was overhead and there was a slight chop on the water.

I cleaned him for dinner tonight.  Opened him up and found what I can only assume is fat stores in his body cavity.  His stomach was empty.  I was surprised by that.  I was expecting to see a few shad in there...........

This year I have caught 1 walleye at Chatfield and 100% have been large enough to keep.  Last year I bet I caught 200 walleye there and only kept 2!

All in all a good day fishing and good day catching!

Dan

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
WOW! Nice job Dan!

And allowing for the 10% out of the water zCurse...that was originally a 190 inch walleye or

190 x 190 x 190 / 2700 or a 2,540 pound walleye...

Brodie to Quint in Jaws..."I think you are going to need a bigger boat!"

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zman said:
WOW! Nice job Dan!

And allowing for the 10% out of the water zCurse...that was originally a 190 inch walleye or

190 x 190 x 190 / 2700 or a 2,540 pound walleye...

Brodie to Quint in Jaws..."I think you are going to need a bigger boat!"
Yes its not easy to catch fish that large on 8 pound mono! Its all in the drag!

Dan

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
wow...so thats what a walleye looks like when its bigger than 10 inches....i havnt seen many of those....

Nice fish Dan ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Dan,

Well, you are proving all of the rumors of substandard sized Dan-fish wrong. I do like Terre's hat on you, though, and it makes me want to grab some pink lures and head on out to Chatfield, big fella :-*

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Its all in the drag!
By the look of the picture, youre definately the drag expert around here!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Dan

Looks like the "action" is starting up at Chatfield. To bad we can't get on the water this coming weekend. Boat is going in Saturday AM for a new prop (old one got a little bent/torn at CC last weekend....please don't ask for the story about that) and have the throttle/carb worked on.
Sure am glad that Chatfield is getting "alive". Have gotten skunked the last three times there.
Cody

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
left_turn56 said:
Dan said:
Sure, now you stop making fun of my fish, so you make fun of my $2 hat...........You guys are not very nice :'(

Dan
Are you gonna get a Tundra next?
Are you referring to Rottal and his Tacoma? And why don't we all just get on his case for a while!? Do you recall the picture of him and his waders?

Dan

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Sure, now you stop making fun of my fish, so you make fun of my $2 hat...........You guys are not very nice
We only pick on the guys we like and with a sense of humor...notice we never pick on ePiC!... ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zman said:
Sure, now you stop making fun of my fish, so you make fun of my $2 hat...........You guys are not very nice
We only pick on the guys we like and with a sense of humor...notice we never pick on ePiC!... ;D
That sounds like a left-handed compliment............

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts